Making the first move on Tinder?

Guys u match with a girl on tinder but you don't write anything. U expect or feel attracted to a women that send the first message?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your question simply, yes I would be very enticed by a girl that sends the first message after we match. It shows they don't care for the societal norms and are that attracted to you to be courageous and make the first move. I will have a much better impression of a girl that sends the first message and will prioritize messaging her if she is just as attractive as the one I messaged first.

Here are some stats on online dating as I've looked into the reasons I don't have any success on them...
    1) Guys have to message approximately 25 girls to get one response back on average.
    2) Girls have to message approximately 5 guys to get one response back on average.
    This is talking about one reply... not even a full conversation. A lot of these don't even develop into fullout conversations.

As you can see from above online dating is highly advantageous for the female population as they get to choose and pick which ones they want to talk to at their leisure. This is what causes guys to not care too much about the amount of effort in their messages as it becomes highly repetitive. For many guys, the mission to find a girl through online dating becomes extremely daunting to the point where they just swipe and hope that one of their matches will eventually message them first in which case they will give them their undivided attention.

• Yeah, women should definitely make the first step more often, both in real life and online. It would be better for both genders, as men would feel less like "yet another one", so would put more effort, improving also the quality of the relationship/conversation.

• Also, men should understand that girls swipe right little just because many men swipe right to everyone, so for women it's so easy to get a match that they get more selective; so they swipe less right and make less matches, so men have to swipe right a lot to get one, whereas girls only a little. In conclusion, men should as a whole be more selective, but no one seems to understand it.