Why do women prefer bad guys vs Good guys?

Cliche I know; What is it about the attitudes, behaviors, or even feelings " Bad guys " have that get them chosen over " Good guys " in virtually identical, Sexual situations?

( Dates, parties, Flirting )

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I'm more attracted to bad ones, though I don't know what types you call ,, Bad guys", but I don't know why, I kind of don't like soft and very caring ones. I've dated 2 guys. One was very jealous type, he wouldn't let me be friends with guys and he would always say some things like - ,, My baby girl'' ,, My beautiful girl" and etc. I personally want to puke when I hear these kind of stuff, so I left him. Second one was telling me he loved me, like 40 times a day and I left him too. My current boyfriend.. I just know he loves me and I just know I love him too. He's the type of guy, that is going to give you space when you need it and not gonna tell you that ,, My baby girl" stuff, protect you and help you whenever you need him. We're already dating for 3 years. He's amazing☺️

0|1
    0|0
    • So, what is it about the soft and caring nature that repels you so much? Does your new boyfriend still express his love to you traditionally or does he have his own way of showing it?

• He has his own way. I don't know, I just don't like that kind of guys. I really don't know the reason😃

Most Helpful Guy

• they are more straight forward with tehir d desires for example. he sees a pretty girl he walks up introduce him self states he likes her and would like to know her. nice guys like me and you. we dont do that. we shyt away and bitch about girls not liking us ^-^.

2|1
    0|0
    • I appreciate the opinion man. I've been on both sides of the fence on this question so i wanted to approach it from a neutral stand point.

What are some reasons you feel nice guys shy away from girls? Aside from obvious things like assumed lack of confidence.

• Show All
    • Makes a whole lotta sense. I feel with all that thinking it explains why, once they've retained the relationship perform so well.

• yeah extremely good boyfriends but kinda simps as well which is why they often get cheated on. gota have a balance. im trying ot get the beta male mentality out of me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I like good guys. And I don't know why women like bad guys 🤷 Kinda stupid to me

1|3
    0|0
    • So what is it about good guys that made you choose them over bad guys?

• Show All
    • Very good, yeah thanks I can work with this 😊

• Glad to hear:)

• Hmm I like good men, one that know how to treat a woman... kind, caring, loving and protective... it's good for the future too for being a father... which is very important to me 🙃

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think asking this question in itself is the answer you're looking for. It's too much of a blanket statement to call out all "women". But inherently it's the level of maturity that the girls* in your area have shown.

0|1
    0|0
    • This seems a tad bit vague. But its a conversation starter. Not to mention the neutrality of the argument. I asked everyone, with their shared unique experiences to define the cliche argument of " bad guy vs good guy ", but in my environment I've damn near seen it all, and the multitude of combinations between nice guys/girls, vs bad guys/girls.

However, it becomes a discussion when I ask what goes through a woman's mind when making the selection between the two. Especially when i specify in particular situations such as dating or flirting, etc.

The go to unanimous answer is courage. But simultaneously, women actually prefer nice guys. Just nice guys that have the courage.

• Women dont prefer bad guys, they prefer a real man, not a boy. A man she can look up to, be proud of, a mans who has his shit covered and also got her back etc. A man who has courage. The nice guy you typically talk about is just not those things and also they are the ones who say these other guys are assholes, even if theyre not. Assholes tend to have courage which might attrac the girl but he has to have all these other qualities to keep her interested. Women actually want a good guy, that has all of the qualities mentioned above.

0|1
    0|0
    • I hear you. I also see this mentality among the more mature women that typically date. However within this same thread a woman commented on how she doesn't like the caring, soft nature of the Nice guy. Granted, the other majority commented on their preference for nice guys, but now I ask you this question; is it the nice guy's fault for having the sentimental personality, or women that look for security over sensitivity?

• Its not abouy fault. But when it comes to a man, he has to be masculine. If a man has femininine qualities, it is always going to be a turn off to a girl.

• That would explain why a lot of distress happens for teenage dating. Things are still being define, and maturing. I see.

• Not all girls choose bad guys over good guys like me I’m the most kind hearted guy you will meet

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it comes down to confidence. Bad guys are usually more confident.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women who have self esteem or commitment issues go for the bad boys. Women who don't think they're good enough or grow up in chaoctic environments will crave the drama. Women who have commitment issues like the bad boys because the bad boys don't care.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes