Should I try to salvage the friendship?

A few weeks back I had the temerity to ask out a really awesome female friend who I thought might have been into me - but it wasn't to be.

I tried to make it clear in the aftermath that I also value her company for its own sake, but I haven't heard back from her and have no idea if she believes I was sincere about that (I was), or if she has perhaps been offended.

Part of me wants to say something to her in the hope of reconciling, though I'm not really sure how. The other part thinks I should just give up and avoid making this even messier than it already is.

Is it a good idea to say anything at all, and if so, what should I say?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• She may not be able to separate her emotions from your attempted romance from her friendship with you. That's a fairly common occurrence. If you've reached out, she got the message. She will answer or not. I think pressing the issue would only make it messier.

If she simply turned you down to begin with, she may just feel awkward. Try giving her some time and then messaging her like you normally would as a friend. If she knows you have no hard feeling and won't keep trying to ask her out, that should put her mind at ease.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mate, if she's so disgusted about the idea of breing with you then perhaps you're better off moving to greener pastures.

• Oh, I'm moving on alright- that's not the problem, I just generally dislike leaving fences unmended.

• Not sure what the analogy is at this point. But yeah I understand it's a bit of a risk if that's what you mean.

• All I was saying is that you're better off just leaving it and having a fresh start with someone else.