Is he considered my boyfriend? Or a guy friend who likes me?

Fionna19
We are in a somewhat LDR, both live in different states and been talking every 2 to 3 days. We've both admitted we like each other. But he told me he is talking to another girl (few months ago). I haven't asked about this other girl since or if we are actually dating. Our topics have been quite personal, and we ask how each others day have been.

Recently we had a convo about sex and other personal stuff. He said 'feeling a mixture of I'm behind, longing for a girlfriend, and regret' um I thought I was his girlfriend? We both flirt and he calls me sweet names like 'beautiful, baby, sweetie, babe'

Negative signs are he sometimes doesn't reply for a few days, and when I message him after this period he says 'haha hey' and seems to say 'um' a lot when asking questions. E. g 'Hey um this is a personal question but I have to ask...'

I am meeting him in a few weeks, and staying for a month. Should I wait to ask in person if he's serious about dating and being my boyfriend, or message him beforehand and risk making the meet awkward?
Yes he's you boyfriend
No he's just a guy friend that likes you
He's playing with you, you need to message him to ask
Vote C
In the flirting/ dating online stage of relationship
Vote D
Wait to meet in person, ask and find out
Vote E
Idk/ Too hard to tell (comment to explain reason)
Vote F
GirlGuy
1
1