Two questions: 1) Is being single actually a choice? 2) Are better looking people generally able to enter relationships easier or get more attention?

People always assume I am single by choice because of pickiness. But the truth is, I don’t know why I’m single.

And I always assumed handsome guys and pretty girls get more dates and a lot of attention from the opposite sex.

How are some people never single?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In my case it is, gave up long time ago after having my reality check of how this world actually is. I don't have a "happy" optimistic outlook anymore and I really just don't see the point to conform anymore. There's just no point for me to try to seek or look for anyone anymore as I'd only be sharing my baggages and miseries with them. And I really don't care, nor can I ever find myself truly care about somebody else or whatever happens to somebody else. So I just do my own thing on my own in my own way and keep going.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) It can be a choice, but it also might not be.
    2) Simply put - yes, but there are other variables that make finding a right partner easier or harder. Initial infatuation is easier with better looking people.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• 1. It is a choice. Anyone can find a relationship, independent from their looks. Its the person itself that sometimes even unknowingly decides to stay single and not try to make an effort.
    2. Yes and no. Since we live in a superficial society, a good looking person will always get the most attention. As for relationships, it highly depends on their level of maturity and willingness to enter a relationship since they likely have more than just one option.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being single can be a choice, but very few people actually choose it. For most guys, even very pretty ones, being in a relationship with a woman is a ton of work. For most women, even the less universally attractive ones, being in a relationship with a man is pretty easy. In short, some people are always in a relationship because they work really hard at it, and/or they'd rather lower their standards than be alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Inam singke by choice, but that's not something to be proud of...

I am singke because the past one was a hell for me, i need to focus more on my career now and i am happy with the companions that i have in the form of friendship!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes, if you are considered attractive by most, it is easier for you to get in to a relationship in general. And I am single kinda by choice, since I'm not actively searching for a relationship and am completely okay with being single, but then again there is no quarantee that even if I did search for it that I'd be able to get it.

I mean are you actively doing something to change the fact that you are single? Are you approaching guys you are attracted to or trying to even find said guys in the first place? Or are you just living your life normally?

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Yes, being single is a choice. You can choose to be single if you want. If you want to focus just on your career and don't want to be in a relationship then it's okay. It's your choice and you can do whatever you want.
    2) I will say yes. Generally people who are attractive get into relationship easily. But that doesn't mean people who are average looking doesn't get into relationship. Many average looking people also get into relationship with good/average looking people.
    I think someone cannot choose anyone just by his/her looks. We also have to look for his/her nature and Attitude.
    I think you are single because you haven't found anyone like you.😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Handsome guys, it's a bit easier but not by much. Pretty girls, yeah it's a lot easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being single is an option, and the more attractive people do generally date more, but I don’t want to see you sad like this if you are wanting a relationship.

Think about your life. Think about the people in it. Think about all the people you interact with daily. Try to find some guy who is a friend and is single, then try to become really good friends with him. This could be as simple as talking to him by text every day.

Occasionally, you may find it fun to go out for coffee or food every once in a while. That can score you points with the guy.

I can’t play out everything you should do because everyone is different, but if you get back to me I would be happy to help.

0|0
    0|0
  • The people who aren’t single are good looking, and are open to being in relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be a choice

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a pretty handsome guy and I take care of myself too (dieting, gym, hair cuts etc) I'm also pretty friendly/ approachable, but I do not get a lot of attention from girls and I have never had a girlfriend. Im pretty picky yes, but I'm also not really seeking 1, for some reason I just don't have an interest in talking to a million people whether it be through texts or whatever. If it happens it happens I guess

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Same. I don't know why I'm single 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Being single can be a choice, but it also can be because you haven't found someone no matter how hard you try/tried. I think for most people who are single it's because they chose to be single. Life is hard as it is, no reason to overcomplicate it.

2. Better looking (and also more social) people get asked out more, sure. But also ugly people get asked out plenty of times if they are out all the time and are willing to date ugly people. And if you are attractive, it doesn't guarantee ( I'm not sure I spelled this right) that you will have flocks of people floating around you. For example, I'm considered an attractive girl, close to a Selena Gomez look-alike, but I'm still not approached by guys. It happened to me only once. Even my boyfriend told me that he was reductant to talk to me because he thought that I was full of myself and posted selfies on social media every 2 minutes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes