Do guys appreciate it when you talk about what bothers you or does that look like "a weakness"?

I've never been really able to open up to people, because I've a hard time understanding what and why I feel things.. When I've like strong emotions (e. g. sadness), I tend to push people away because I don't want:
1) to bother them
2) to look weak
3) them to look at me differently
4) to feel too vulnerable / get hurt

So there's this guy I like and he is pretty open + talks easily about his feelings. He told me I can talk to him about anything anytime and that he's willing to listen / give advice. There are a couple of things about our upcoming date that are stressing me out, but I don't know if I should talk about it.
  • Yes guys / we appreciate it
  • It makes you look weak

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys can't stand it when you hold things in and don't clearly and calmly communicate what's going on in your head. Drives is crazy, not in a good way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally I think guys appreciate it, as long as you don't overdo it like complaining about silly things. But if it's like deeper (insecurities, health, ..) related, he'll be more than happy to listen and try to help or at least clear the air. Communication is the key :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE