Should I be mad at my boyfriend getting drunk?

Recently my boyfriend of two years has been complaining about his job because it is not a good work place. He is always stressed out and I'm the only person who hears it. Not that I don't want to hear it, but I always encourage him and tell him to think positive and help him find jobs. I want to destress him. That day we were suppose to celebrate Christmas together since we can't on the 25th, he is broke so I got his Christmas presents which I don't mind I love doing it, but he literally got me nothing, not even a card l and then he says "I kinda forgot we were doing this." This kinda hurt my feelings because I am always the one to plan things and then I hear this. He then got called into work and we only spend an hour together. And we rarely see each other, like only once a week for a few hours, and for that hour we hung out he finished his Christmas shopping for his family, which I don't usually mind, but we only had an hour so I thought we could cuddle or start a Christmas movie I don't know, So then I found this really good company he could work for and I updated his resume and submitted an application online. I did all his paperwork and all he had to do was show up to an unscheduled interview the next morning. He asked me to find a job for him and to update everything and I had no problem doing it. He promised he would do this for me, but I found out he got super drunk with his friends, who he sees all the time, and told me he wasn't going to do it and would do it later. I am just upset with the fact that after all I do for him he couldn't do this one thing for me. I don't ask for much and I am understanding, but I am tired of doing this for a year and a half now. I don't care about materials I just want to see effort Him wanting time with me and to make sacrifices like I do for him. I sold some of my clothes during college so he could have gas money, I do a lot and can't go into detail but for some reason this really upsetted me, how do I approach this

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It's clear to me that you really love him, and it allways makes me happy. However it's not a one way thing, and you should start setting bounderies in a way that has consiquences for him. It's not your job to do all this for him. Let him know how you feel (through clear comunication) then tell him how you are going to set bounderies, and then make sure you do it. I admire your love, and hope he will eventually realize what he has, and show some appreciation. Keep being yourself, people like you are the ones who maintaine my hope in humanity. Good luck ♥

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're putting in way much effort than what you're getting back - you're being taken advantage of in my opinion. Although it's lovely that you're helping him out you're almost doing too much and you're giving him the chance to just try and get you do to everything. There was no need for you to submit that application, he should've done that himself and now he doesn't even have the respect for himself or you to not get drunk so he's sober for the meeting.

Remember you're not his mother, you're his partner. You help EACH OTHER out it's not one sided.