I’m very insecure, worried I’ll never find a guy?

I’m in college. I hook up with plenty of guys, yet none never want commitment. I’m worried it’s because I’m not hot, funny, or smart enough. Guys who do want me are dull. I fee inadequate and unlovable; my confidence was better in high school tbh. How do I get over this? Why do I hate myself so much. I don’t want to have sex because I’m worried of being used; I’m decent enough to get with, yet not enough to commit to. I feel so ugly.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the dilemma. A lot of men think women have it easier because women can get sex easier but they fail to understand the dynamics between men and women. The differences in almost all facets of life are immense, especially when talking about sex. Men want to be able to get sex as easily as women but most can’t because the majority of women do not think or approach sex the way men do. Women want to have good passionate sex with someone they are into physically and emotionally. The thing is, women have a hard time finding someone that they can connect with emotionally. After a woman has hooked up with man after man, she ends up feelings used, burnt out, and hopeless that she’ll ever find someone she actually has an affinity for. That’s why I think the hookup culture is detrimental for women because it can lower a woman’s self esteem overtime.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• It sounds like your expectations are too high for guys while your self-confidence is too low.

Of course the guys you hook up with don't want to commit- they don't have to because they get sex without it and you're obviously attracted to the guys that don't want a relationship with you.

Find a guy who respects you and is fun (or at least fun enough) to be around and you'll feel better about yourself. Don't go for a guy based on his looks, rather how he treats you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't sleep with any guys until they show you they want you. Take you on dates. Kiss you in public. Let Mr. Right show you to his friends.

Other than that, all I can say is.. He'll show up eventually. But if you sleep with every guy that says he loves you just to get in your pants, you'll just be used.

And I know it's wrong to say, but you are and have been being used.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop hooking up. And actually go on a date and don't have sex till at least the third date.. It's not about age and it's not all about looks it's about availability if a guy knows your going to hook up with him. Then a commitment is probably the last thing on his. mind..

0|1
    0|0
  • Love yourself. Being in college will do a lot of things, including challenging your self esteem. Take it slow when it comes to this sort of thing. Depending on your environment also could dictate the men you have available.

To address the confidence, do things that reinstall it. And also get out of your comfort zone. It will show you who you are.

You hate yourself because you do not fully understand your own capabilities just yet. Dont worry about sex. You have a very sound reasoning about avoiding it. The right person, who cares about it as much as you will help you come out of that shell.

Finally, with commitment. That simply the argument of Now vs Then.

You're focused on the future. While a lot of the guys youve been with are focused on the moment, because they dont know the future.

Keep this in mind as you're approached by the next guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, or maybe it's because they know you hook up "with plenty" and don't want a serious relationship with you because of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your life doesn't need to recover around the opinion of others, and seeking love isn't bad, just don't treat it like a wild goose chase.

0|0
    0|0
  • U r not ugly.

U r beautiful in your own way...
    Just wait... have patience...
    No rush
    You are still young

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently the guys you hook up with find you too dull to actually date just as you find The guys who are interested in dating you as too dull.

0|0
    0|0
  • You hook with with plenty of guys?

Yeah no one wants you now, tough shit

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes