My boyfriends parents are being crazy?

My boyfriend who is 22 and I have been going out for 3 months now, he often stays the night during the week and goes to work from mine. He told me that he got 20-30 texts from his dad one night betweeen midnight and 3am saying "your a fking idiot, come home" "your mom can't sleep she's worried" "youre ruining your career". When he came home the next day his dad told him "your a fking idiot son" and hasn't spoken to him since. Apparently his mom was raging around the house. All this cos he slept a week night with me. I dont know why they react like this

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents did the same thing. They are having a hard time seeing him leave the nest. Mothers usually have a harder time because no matter how old he is, he is still her baby. Because he is staying with you, his parents feel like they are being dumped and you are more important to him and they feel left out and second place. They just need to realize this is part of life and eventually he will move on and move out of the house. They will realize that it doesn't mean he loves them any less and staying with you doesn't mean he is ruining his life somehow. Try not to take it personally since your relationship is still very new. They probably don't know you very well yet and think sleeping over is too soon and not proper either.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe because they think its too early for their son to spend all of his time with a girl he's been with 3 months only.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds like the mother is worried she is loosing him. Father might have misunderstood what he is doing (out partying) rather than just sleeping in your arms and going to work refreshed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's gotta just be a man and move out the house

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if he doesn't act like a man and move out then he gets treated like a child. It's simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • did they parents knew he sleeps somewhere else. If not, he maybe just gives a short message so they know. Maybe that was their problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's an adult his parents should leave him to his own life now.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes