What not to do on the first AND second dates?

Share your own list based on bad/good experiences.
This question is obsolete and has been driven to the ground so many times. I'm sure there are limits to what you can/can't do on dates, but most of the answers haven't considered that somethings are forgivable and permissible depending on how they were executed.

162

Most Helpful Girl

• be authentic - the best first dates I've been on was with people either I've known for some time through common interest (incl. work, gym, church) or friends.
    I stopped going on dates from online dating apps because I found it to be artificial in the sense that they were less interested in trying to get along and creating a relationship vs. interviewing for specs (job, school, culture) and trying to sleep with me on the first few dates.
    Physical attraction and se* is great, but a few hours/days of knowing someone is not enough to be that intimate in my opinion (and only serves the purpose of pleasure)

• You are damn right! I was on a date with a guy but I didn't feel like kissing and stuff... and he almost forced me to kiss him and was so persistent, i had no space to move... it was so disgusting..

• Being authentic and being on dating apps are not mutually exclusive things. Maybe your profile on the app could be improved to promote authentic encounters. We can't judge just based on that.

Look at the profiles of most people: they're always trying to present themselves in the best possible light. Rarely do you see someone trying to strike a balance between their positive and negative personality traits. I would go so far as to say that it requires the profile owner to be well acquainted with their Carl Jung's interpretation of the "shadow". Giving your target audience juicy details about yourself in a compelling, brutally honest, and authentic way is challenging in itself because you have to put yourself under serious review - a process that rivals that of even real-life encounters with a potential life partner.

• That's why I think guys (aggressively sexual animals, especially of the young age group) try to put two and two together when there's so much ambiguity with regards to a female profile owner. You can go the extra mile to be clear on your profile, perhaps in a creative, interesting, genuine, and human way to really drive your points home for your selected audience.