Is online dating a good option to find a relationship?

I’ve kind of had it with being single. Considering I’ve always been for 23 years. I don’t really have any friends and when I was in school or college I never got approached by guys. People tell me I’m pretty and attractive but I feel somewhat invisible. The times I was asked out I had no interest in the guys. Call me picky but I know what I want. And I fear if I don’t change my situation I am going to be single forever.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly it will be pretty much the same only with more creeps. for good or bad online dating is about being pretty for both sexes. After comes what you write...

I have many female freinds who are pretty, cute, smart, creative... Who just never get asked out. It has nothing to do with them just the way dating works now sadly.

My suggestion is to just go for it in person. Get out there more meet more people and just go for the ones you like. online only lets you meet some people it sadly won't help much if your just not getting many dates anyways.

the best thing you can do is work on being approachable. At my college no one seems like they want to talk, meet you, or be bugged. So no one really dates outside of clubs. Try to be more open in public and put yourself outside of the girls circle so a guy can approach and get to know you sometimes. When your done someplace you hang out. Take time going back for your stuff. Give guys some time to go for you alone, when your not really alone.

its hard dating these days but I'm also trying. I wish you luck girl

1|0
    0|0
    • So if I continue to stay to myself and attempt talking to guys online or go out in person but not talk much because of my shyness, I will continue to remain single? Online is that bad of an option? I’m also referring to the paid sites. Why do you think your attractive female friends don’t get much attention?

• With shy girls I found it does not matter much as long as I see her having fun. Join some hobby groups, church groups, sports groups, hobby groups...
      Online is not that bad but I found it is just a waste of time and so have several of my freinds. Male and female
      I think it is cause they seem closed off. They don't tell or put themselves out to date. They WAIT and hope a guy comes to them. They shut down our trying to help or our going over to a guy they like and drawing his attention to her. How they sit and wait they don't seem open to being approached. A big one is they make the guy see their parents to soon. The guy picks them up and o they are running late. Come in and chat with the family on the first date.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not for Everyone under the Fun Sun, hun, Although I never a problem with Many a Date or Mate. My Husband who I still Have out in Egypt, Had Found me as well, On FB, awhile ago, So one Never does Know.
    Try a Reputable Dating Site that Might... Be just Right. It is the Way to Go Today for Many people.
    Good Luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• If you're "picky and know what you want" it's less that you can't get a boyfriend but rather that your requirements for one is way too high and you dismiss the ones that like you right off the bat. Open your mind to other possibilities and people a bit more, the results might surprise you in a positive way. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Why fear being single forever? Everyone dies alone. More often than not one partner or spouse dies befire the other one, and then somebody is left behind to suffer the loss and to grief. I'd strongly advise to join clubs and groups with similar interests and passions such as through MeetUp. com and then try and see if you can find somebody you can really relate with and have some sort of an emotional connection. But good luck either way!

0|0
    0|0
  • Id advise not to as you'll be waiting. Why not just go out and about your day and if you see a pretty lady you like go up to her and tall to her then before she goes ask for her number. Why sit and look at your phone or computer all day and wait for a message when there is countless of women everywhere for you to give a shot at.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m a woman..

• Show All
    • It isn’t that easy. I’m shy. And I feel guys may perceive that as being stuck up. And approaching a guy to me seems a bit desperate. So I don’t know what else to do.

• Actually yes a lot do but dont worry about those men only worry about the guy you like and if you feel like you're coming off as stuck up then loosen up your character a bit be open. But then that would mean he would look desperate also going and asking a girl for her number. Look you can think and exaggerate all you want but take it from someome whos been through this numerous times. Dont waste each others time by staring just approach and talk dont have to be like *hey I like you* just talk about the where you're at and the people around you. If you dont do anything I can guarantee you he will have a girl with him next time.

• Just stay a virgin and you can have any guy you want, try to find one before your 27 though. Online dating is good if you can be willing to sift through people brutally. Do not allow yourself to get attached to them before meeting them in person this is the mistake I always make...

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be too good or too worst but in most of cases its real bad... So i think you should try to find love in real world rather then in virtual ☺ I hope u find one

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I’m 23. I use it sometimes but it doesn’t really work. I’ve had a few dates over the last few years but the women turned out to be mean or just plain immature.

Meeting someone in public , through friends , or at work seems easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not for everyone.

If you're never approached, why not approach people yourself and ask them out? It's almost 2018. You don't need to be waiting around for someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not really a good option, no. I've gotten some attention through online dating, but it never amounted to anything. Meeting through social clubs is still the best way to go.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is a good answer. Tinder/online daring should in my opinion only serve as an extra alternative to find someone but it's not a substitute. I've met people I've dated for a while on Tinder but ye, it's still not the better option when it comes down to it.

• Don't panic on random situation... Every Girl and Guy have same problem..
    First generate some adorable hobbies the most attracting thing in human life... You will get Partner even if you Sapiosexual..

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you ask guys out that you find interesting or at least go and talk to them.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you know what you're looking for, then it can be a good idea. But having said that, I'd say to just have a go, but play it safe.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • It has it's advantages you can be more your self !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope you like hotdogs because you're about to experience a sausagefest!

1|0
    0|0
  • It can be if know what you want and can spot red flags

0|0
    0|0
    • I found my girlfriend from a dating app

• Show All
    • I'm like you tbh, I don't think there's that big of a difference out of the two. There's both shallow and awesome people everywhere, it all comes down to being lucky enough to find you work well with over time.

I was together with a girl I found on Tinder for over a year, and the same story with a girl I met through a friend.

It all comes down to whether or not you're willing to put yourself out there and how realistic your expectations are.

• Give a try for online dating.. You may find a match.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep... Most people have a better time if they connect with people online first

0|0
    0|0
  • I can relate to this on a personal level

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it, you won't lose

0|0
    0|0
  • Is better in person

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Datung online doesn't work, to. many shallow pucks out there

I got same issue

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, definitely give it a try. It's not as taboo as its made out to be. I met my boyfriend on POF and we have been together for 3 years! Just be cautious and safe about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes