Do cheaters always cheat? does the urge to cheat stay?

RissaB
what would cause a man to cheat? I gave him everything he needed. physical, mental, and emotional attention. I always put him before myself so i’m really unsure on why he did it and every time I ask him he says “I don’t know why I did it” he didn’t do anything physical because I caught him early on but it was more emotional. seeing her every single day and hanging out almost all day (he always said he was with his guy friends), calling her 5+ times a day which I found out later on, giving her his clothes, buying her food, going to each other houses and meeting families, claiming her as his girlfriend, and complimenting her constantly. we were together for almost 3 years and he wants to keep trying but I’m not sure he promised me he would never do it again... but what if he does and it’s worse
(the girl knew we were together) we have mutual friends I just never talked to her
13
4