Boyfriend behaviour wrong or me?

My boyfriend of 25 years and me being 19. He goes shisha once in a while however I really dislike this. We're an Indian couple. I've told him countless times but he will just say 'don't tell me what to do' or 'you can't tell me what to do/what not. I just want him to stop going there!

and recently he was out with his friends at shisha and I kept texting him and he goes 'can you stop, I'm out with friends' I find this really rude? I mean I don't really get time off him because he works 12 hours 6/7 days sometimes 5

should I react like this? I mean he's out with his friends right or does he not respect me!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Give him a taste of his medicine. He obviously has growing up to do. So start ignoring his calls and his texts for like few hours be like oops my golly time really flies. So he'll get the message.

2|1
    0|0
    • You're so right, then I have this guiltyness feeling I mean he works 6/7 days for about 12 hours and spends most of his time at work or with friends in the night- shisha. Sleeping during the day, hasn't really got time for me tbh

• Why should you feel guilty about being treated fairly. Aren't you important? Don't you deserve your right as his girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he could've handled it another way and the way he talks to you is pretty rude however shisha is literally not a huge deal, doesn't hurt him really and its something he does when bonding with his friends. I think you could give him a little slack, but i also think he could not be so rude, instead he should say, "i know you do not like it but I do, can you cut me some slack".

1|1
    0|0
    • and ALSO when he's hanging out with his friends he doesn't necessarily want you to blow up his phone.

• Show All
    • @TheUglyMonk don't think he'll be the one to end it, most defo me when I have the courage to do so!

• Well if you are more worried on who will be ending it then I guess it won´t be lasting long.
      You just want to be the one ending it, eh?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He literally asked you nicely to stop blowing up his phone, the only thing you are doing right here is pushing him away from you.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he is not will to make time for you, leave. Yes its good to spend some time with the boys but girlfriend should get higher priority

1|1
    0|0
  • You're wrong because you trying to prevent him from doing something he is passionate about 😏

1|0
    0|0
  • He's an adult. Stop telling him what to do.

1|2
    0|1
  • Shisha? Huh?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wats Shisha?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know really sorry

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Every person should have some time to be with friends, don't text him when he's with his friends.
    Do you expect him to spend 100% of his time with you? That's suffocating.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not 100% he's sleeping during the day if he's off because he'll go shisha in the night with friends or work during the day and sleep at night

• Every guy needs his "guy time", I am sorry but I don't think you should react like this. If I were you, I wouldn't.

1|1
    0|0
  • Talk to him about how you feel. No point staying in the relationship if you’re unhappy or you’re unwilling to make a change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why don't u like him going to shisha and what is that?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes