boyfriend is forcing me to see new Star Wars movie with him... think he would be mad if I fall asleep on him the whole time?

I find Star Wars lame and I haven't seen any of the others whereas he's a huge fan and we have argued over StarWars Land in Disney because I think it's gonna suck but he's excited. Anyways, if he's real into the movie do you think he'd notice if I took a nap instead of watching it? If you were him would you be mad if your girlfriend took a nap instead of watching something you wanted to see?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean it's not a huge deal, but it's one of those things where if the guy does things his girl wants to do and pulls through it, then it will feel like she doesn't care as much if she isn't willing to do the same. Guys watch chick flicks they hate all the time for their girlfriends and don't fall asleep.

Star Wars is great though. I watched it the first time when I was 16 I think. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. People judge it, like it's all spaceships flying around and dorky space scenes. It's actually a very tragic and sad story.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't watch romance or chick flicks. I watch thrillers, horror, slasher, comedy.

• Show All
    • But would you notice and get mad?

• Yes, but it's not the end of the world. I do things for you, then you do things for me, but it's petty to hold get really mad over that and just hold it over you. for a long time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl just see it with him I don't like it either but if my boyfriend asked me to go see with him I go see it with him because he goes with me to see movies that I know he doesn't like compromise honey it's part of a relationship and why are you arguing over something stupid like that I think that's pointless you can't force you to do it if you really don't want to

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't force him to watch anything. I don't even watch those sappy romance movies for myself because I think they're stupid. I watch horrors and dark comedies.

• Does he like those movies?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Just take the piss by asking questions that mix up star wars, star trek, Harry potter and lord of the rings:
    "Is that the guy who met Bilbo Baggins and all the other ewoks on endor?"
    "So Anakin and Padame child is Harry Potter?"
    "Can't the Jedi just get beamed into the stardestroyer and turn off its warp drive?"
    Etc etc. The possibilities are endless.

0|0
    0|0
    • I used to piss off my Harry Pitter cousin by calling Doby, "Gollum" LMAO. I've never seen any but he always talked about him. He used to get so angry

• He should dump you and find a girl who likes Star Wars instead.

0|2
    0|1
  • If you've never seen a Star Wars film, how did you arrive at the conclusion that they're all lame?
    I wouldn't care if she fell asleep if she bought her own ticket. But I'm betting since you're disinterested, he's paying your way. So, yeah, it would be extremely rude to sleep through it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never make him pay for any of my stuff. I always pay.

• Its fine
    But sucks that you can't like
    Just watch it. Its just 2 hours brah. Its not fhe end of the world lol

Be a good girlfriend will ya. Prolly lay on your back too when it comes time for sex like just that 😛

0|0
    0|0
  • Stand your ground. Don't give a damn about how a man feels at the end of the day you the woman. You are in control. If you say we gonna see Cinderella he better say ok. Don't let no men tell you what to watch and what to eat. Girl you are powerful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend can't literally "force" you to see ANY movie with him. I would respect the fact that my girlfriend wasn't interested, and go alone.
    by the way I've never liked the whole StarWars thing either. Haven't seen ANY of them

0|0
    0|0
    • Me either! I only know the memes and the most popular quotes or copied things like, I first saw the "I am your father" thing in TOY STORY 2! I fucking love Toy Story. My friend and I joke about "It's a Trap" but I've never seen an actual clip of any of them. I go to Disney often and I was PISSED when one of my fave rides was DESTROYED because Star Wars took over it! I was angry last time I went because I can't go on very many rides due to phobia of coasters.

• Show All
    • Yeah, I love Disney. Have you ever been there?

• Nah, never been

• I actually love Star Wars and I'd find funny and adorable if my girlfriend fell asleep on my shoulder watching it. It'd feel really cute from her to accompany me to watch something she loathes that much. I don't think he'll mind at all.
    Regards.

0|0
    0|0
    • You wouldn't be annoyed that she finds it lame or doesn't like a movie franchise that you love? It sucks because I didn't care until it got personal with Star Wars Land replacing a beloved Disney attraction

• Show All
    • Yeah, taking a nap would be a better idea at a cinema. If you start texting people than maybe he could get mad, because you would most probably be bothering him with the light of the mobile phone and the continued movement of your fingers (sounds exaggerated, but at these kind of places, it can be quite annoying).
      With that said, if you fall asleep, I think he won't feel bothered. He'll probably even hug you and give you a kiss on your cheek or forehead. It's some big sacrifice your doing for him.

• I doubt he would notice especially if he's so into the movie

• you are right. since lucas ruined everything sincevmid 90's, what was a brilliant universe became just worse and worse. sw7 and 8 just throw the universe in garbage just to create more movies and sell more useless stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Take anything you like and take the bare minimum you want from him. If he shits on the things you like how would you feel. Just pretend to be a little curious just to not be an ass about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go ahead and sleep-- it's not very good. Episode VII was better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Or you can tell him how you feel and don't watch it. Why are you with him if you can't communicate something as simple as "Hey I don't like Star Wars, I'll pass on watching it if you don't mind"

0|0
    0|0
    • I told him that I don't like Star Wars and he's like "the new one will be amazing, you should watch it. It'll be a nice date night. We can even hold hands, because you love holding my hand"

Recommended myTakes