• No it isn't
    Vote B
  • Other/ I don't know
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its okay to go on a blind date once in a while. Sure, it has pros and cons, but heck, everything does. No? So yes, to me its a good option. You go out of your bubble and get to know people more wisely.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But what makes it a good option? Statistically it's probably the least likely to work out of all the types of dates.

• @Caaarl Yeah, you're right. Nut in a way, you get to know guys other than your types. It opens up your mind and you know, you may think more... vastly. And even if it doesn't work out, whats the harm? You could probably you become friends. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "Blind date" usually refers to having a date with someone whom you have not previously met; they are quite often arranged my mutual friends. Your picture suggests that you mean something quite different by "blind date." Can you clarify the intent of your question?

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm just guessing, but I believe the picture is an artistic expression of the term, rather than an example. I believe the asker meant conventional blind dates, but used this illustration for estetic purpouses. Though a blindfolded date sounds like a really fun idea, especially if also a blind date. Maybe I should try that... Thanks for the idea, my friend!

• @Steffen You are probably right, but it reminded me of my college days at FSU. Rehab students would spend days walking around campus blindfolded, being led by another rehab student, so that they would get some appreciation for the enormity of the obstacles for blind students. It is not much of a leap to imagine young people agreeing to meet and getting to know each other while blindfolded so that their impressions of each other are not influenced by purely physical attraction. Again, you are probably right, but young people take words and expressions and giving them new meaning, like "random" and "official."

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• No becAuse u might not like her and she might not like you it just better if u know the person and go out with your BFF

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of the concept but it works out for some people.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it isn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t do it

0|1
    0|0
  • It is good.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I doubt it's a great option. You want to spice things up then go for it but I don't think it's a good option for finding someone you click with. I mean I guess it can be okay if someone sets you up so they know you have things in common.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's good to do something different every now and then, so why not? After all, you're being set up by someone who knows you both, so it's not implausible that there might be some chemistry.

0|1
    0|0
  • why not? when you like gifts and surprised. It's for you like me, but If you don't like surprise It's not for you... eyes it's not all... But inside too. I think it's great option for single who don't have happiness in life

0|1
    0|0
  • In my opinion I would like to get to know the person first so being thrown onto a dinner table with a stranger is a big no no for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • No but a BIG BUT
    I trusted a 7th grader at pool where I life guarded long ago
    who begged me to date her babysitter when I was on a long break from a Hitler
    this Italian sports car body in a summer dress came down to pick me up after my shift and drove me to a public park nearby to begin making out!
    Soon she has her hand down there and asked for me to take it out and began "playing with it" then was very surprised & unhappy when it launched a rocket.
    No other blind date ever went so well - for me that is.
    There was another story that almost made it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's interesting. Usually a lot of flops but same with most dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sorry but, even if personality matters a lot more to me than looks, looks still matter to me.

0|1
    0|0
    • what if the personality is SPARKLING but looks are 50-50?

• @imjustashadow I'm not very picky on the looks but very picky on the personality. Basically, looks become a problem if they are extremely bad. I still have minimum requirements for look.

To answer your question, if the personality is greant and the looks are 5/10, I'll take it!

• I would like to try it because you don't ever know till you try

0|1
    0|0
  • Any dating would be a welcome change:D

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes, you never know.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never tried it

0|1
    0|0