Is Blind Dating A Good Option?

Is Blind Dating A Good Option?

• Yes it is
  • No it isn't
  • Other/ I don't know
    Vote C

618

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its okay to go on a blind date once in a while. Sure, it has pros and cons, but heck, everything does. No? So yes, to me its a good option. You go out of your bubble and get to know people more wisely.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But what makes it a good option? Statistically it's probably the least likely to work out of all the types of dates.

• @Caaarl Yeah, you're right. Nut in a way, you get to know guys other than your types. It opens up your mind and you know, you may think more... vastly. And even if it doesn't work out, whats the harm? You could probably you become friends. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "Blind date" usually refers to having a date with someone whom you have not previously met; they are quite often arranged my mutual friends. Your picture suggests that you mean something quite different by "blind date." Can you clarify the intent of your question?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm just guessing, but I believe the picture is an artistic expression of the term, rather than an example. I believe the asker meant conventional blind dates, but used this illustration for estetic purpouses. Though a blindfolded date sounds like a really fun idea, especially if also a blind date. Maybe I should try that... Thanks for the idea, my friend!

• @Steffen You are probably right, but it reminded me of my college days at FSU. Rehab students would spend days walking around campus blindfolded, being led by another rehab student, so that they would get some appreciation for the enormity of the obstacles for blind students. It is not much of a leap to imagine young people agreeing to meet and getting to know each other while blindfolded so that their impressions of each other are not influenced by purely physical attraction. Again, you are probably right, but young people take words and expressions and giving them new meaning, like "random" and "official."