1.5 years and I haven’t met my bfs family?

He hasn’t introduced me to his family, and he hasn’t met mine. We’ve been together for 1.5 years. Is this bad?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just aren't huge on family. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to have my partner meet my family but that has nothing to do with whether I'm serious about her or not. I just consider my family my old life from when I was stuck being dependent on them. I visit with them occasionally but my life is moved on from them being a major part in it. So I see no reason for my girlfriend to meet them. I like to keep my current life separate from my old life.

• My boyfriend is very family oriented (he is from Latin America). But, he has never brought an ex to meet his family (unless they were friends first, then the family knew the girl already). However, it’s been 1.5 years!! His family knows about me, and they have asked him to meet me. He just hasn’t done it.

Most Helpful Girl