1.5 years and I haven’t met my bfs family?

He hasn’t introduced me to his family, and he hasn’t met mine. We’ve been together for 1.5 years. Is this bad?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just aren't huge on family. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to have my partner meet my family but that has nothing to do with whether I'm serious about her or not. I just consider my family my old life from when I was stuck being dependent on them. I visit with them occasionally but my life is moved on from them being a major part in it. So I see no reason for my girlfriend to meet them. I like to keep my current life separate from my old life.

0|0
    1|0
    • My boyfriend is very family oriented (he is from Latin America). But, he has never brought an ex to meet his family (unless they were friends first, then the family knew the girl already). However, it’s been 1.5 years!! His family knows about me, and they have asked him to meet me. He just hasn’t done it.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It's not normal, but not bad. I hate my parents and I find it hard to introduce girls to them. I like to talk to my girlfriends in private so when I'm quiet when my girlfriends are with me and my parents, my parents say something like "go on, talk to each other, pretend we aren't here". They still embarrass me. I hate when girls meet my parents and see them for the melvins that are or when my parents see my girlfriends for the "basic bitches" or "hoes" that they are. You just can't win with some parents. Don't bring it up. If he cares about you AND his parents, you will meet them when the time is right.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very bad. He's not serious about you. Probably cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • i think its best to not to ruin your relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean?

• families create differences which ruin everything,
      my suggestion is first you guys begin to bring your siblings into the scenario because they judge least and understand most, make sure they keep it secret and then later slowly you can bring parents into the story.. and your siblings will defend you if they see both of you as a good couple for at least 6 months , if they see that your parents not supporting you is a wrong decision from their side..

• 0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes