How to be okay with being single?

You know when everybody else around you is in relationships and you wish you had that person.
How do you become ok with just being alone and single?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When you finally get it through your head that being in a relationship is not the end all and be all. Being alone gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself. You're 17? That's the perfect age for being single and alone. You can actually work on making something of yourself and work toward building a decent future for yourself without having a relationship to drag you down. I can hardly count the number of people I went to high school with, who are now living in squalor because they prioritized dating and whatnot rather than building a life for themselves. Just remember, relationships and dating are much better when you actually have some stability in your own life and can afford such things.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just remember that most people are together and wasting their time. A lot of my friends are in toxic relationships and are staying in this because they aren't comfortable being alone.

If you try to force a relationship bad shit will happen.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• There's much loneliness and emptiness in this world. Find your means and ways to cope, you'll be a'ight. Look on the bright side, if you don't have somebody then you don't have somebody to lose and you also can't get cheated on either. So just be grateful about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start being happy with yourself, making goals and chasing them, every small thing count, if you're not 'okay' being alone, you won't ever be 'okay' in a relationship either.
    what you need is quality time with yourself, spice things up and focus on your career, or learn a new skill, boys your age are usually dumb and I can tell you its not going to be worth the effort, you might as well use that energy somewhere else in making yourself and your career a little better.

0|0
    0|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(e).gif

Being in a relationship for the sake of being in one is a recipe for disaster. Know that there are plenty people all over the world who have never been in a relationship before or who have lost their virginity and who are older than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go visit a nursing home. See how those people live. When you come back, you'll realize that you don't even know what loneliness is.

But you will.

i.pinimg.com/.../...3fe6e59bb34cbdfb764cda68d2.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • prepare yourself for a relationship, clear your debts, save for trips, shopping, the unexpected...

have no reason to be held back from spontaneous, if mentioned to do anything, be ready without a doubt...

now, all your friends are in a relationship...
    good and the bad with sharing lives, space, time, money, problems, family,

0|0
    0|0
  • Learn to hate relationships to the extent that you don't give a f#%& anymore... coming from someone who's been single for 17 years...(I'm kidding, you just gotta know that person will come soon at one point or another)

0|0
    0|0
  • By not thinking about how you are unhappy because you are single. Being single is a lot more fun and free if you are in the lifestyle. It comes down to perception and how you live your life being single.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I can feel ya! But here in my friends group it's the reverse. Only one is in a relationship and the others are single. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

But yea, you can start by being open to people even if you think they're not as attractive as you'd want them to be. I am sure there might be many guys who do like you for what you are.

Keep on looking, you'll find someone. Just don't get into a relationship just coz your friends are in one. Keep calm and keep looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • By liking yourself and being happy with your life overall. Stay busy. Independent. You don't "need" anyone. Should someone come along, that's great but you don't "need" them to be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a good example for I have always enjoyed my own company too much. It seems you are a social being craving companionship in a relationship sense. I guess, just be patient and put work into you by enjoying things you like doing

0|0
    0|0
  • Chill, don't try to be mature at your age. Don't force yourself. If you need some sexual activity, go and party, but be careful. You are so lucky right now that you are free and nobody can tell you to stop doing shit beside your parents

0|0
    0|0
  • Take the advice from someone 3 times your age. You are better off by far being single than being in a compromising relationship just so you won't be lonely. Been there and done that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't see why relationships are so important amongst people these days. You're just a victim to the media portraying that it's important and peer pressure from people around you.

0|0
    0|0
  • just do your activities and hobbies you like to the most of it. you can dedicating yourself doing that without being disturbed by a crying baby in need of care all the time he wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes we just have to accept that we are single. I am not telling you to give up looking, but try to stay positive, it makes life easier.:D

0|0
    0|0
    • Completely agree with the positivity thing! Iā€™m not exactly looking but more just waiting for the right person.

• It gives me a chance to join dating sites and find a lot of cute and beautiful girls that have a lot of stuff in common with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its tough, but you can do it. The right one will be there when it's time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just involve yourself in worthful activities and whenever you feel sexually frustrated then just sext or do one night stands

0|0
    0|0
  • you dont, you just accept the fact that you're so unlucky you can't get anyone

0|1
    0|0
  • Do things that aren't restricted when you're in a relationship. its all about the waiting

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes