Is this wrong? Please read?

So the boy who I’ve liked for 5 years... Please no rude remarks. I know I need to get over him, okay? But he constantly pulls me in, okay? I don’t even know if he truly likes me nor do I care at this point. So here’s the story. He said we’ve been kinda seeing each other, and I agreed! So of course, I’m excited because I think we’re starting to become something! Well, I thought “I’m gonna do something very special for him for Christmas!” There’s this basketball team he LOVES and wants to go to the university as well! And we both live near there! So what I decided to do from the bottom of my heart was to buy 2 tickets to the game for New Years Eve, making the total $120. And I told him these tickets don’t even gotta be for him and I. He can take anyone he wants with him! As long as he has a good time. So I specifically told him I would drop off his surprise to him after I got off work, so I arrived at his house around 10pm. All the lights in the house were still on, so I was sure I wasn’t completely invading. His dad answered the door, and they literally invited me inside their home and were the sweetest things ever. He was sleeping, so they took it and gave it to him this morning. They thanked me, and I was on my way. This morning, I get a message from him. I’m hoping it’s just a thank you or something nice. Instead, it is a message telling me how wrong it was to buy tickets and that I should’ve told him. Why does it matter? I literally wanted to give him a present to wish him a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, and he’s a total dick about it. Basically, all I’m asking is was what I did messed up? Like I don’t care if it was a bad idea or not. I just wanna know if giving his parents the gift and him was bad? Is this “wrong” or is he just a prick?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• It's happened to me before, being given a rollicking for getting tickets for a gig I thought she would like as it was a tribute to her favourite band of all time. Took her 3 weeks to explain why it was inappropriate to get tickets for a Grateful Dead tribute. The day before her Grandfathers funeral.

If he is still not opening up to you go back over and if he won't talk to you, talk to his parents. They may offer an explanation, or maybe they would think their son is being a complete spanner and read him the riot act when he surfaces...

• Did I do anything wrong or is he just an ungrateful prick?

• You did nothing wrong; he's acting a bit funny I would say. Can't say he's being a douche though, till he offers up a better explanation.

Mind you, women do this a lot. You buy her a gift, flowers or whatever and if she is in a funny mood she throws it back in yoir face and calls you a "selfish, entitled prick...".

Most Helpful Girl