Is this wrong? Please read?

So the boy who I’ve liked for 5 years... Please no rude remarks. I know I need to get over him, okay? But he constantly pulls me in, okay? I don’t even know if he truly likes me nor do I care at this point. So here’s the story. He said we’ve been kinda seeing each other, and I agreed! So of course, I’m excited because I think we’re starting to become something! Well, I thought “I’m gonna do something very special for him for Christmas!” There’s this basketball team he LOVES and wants to go to the university as well! And we both live near there! So what I decided to do from the bottom of my heart was to buy 2 tickets to the game for New Years Eve, making the total $120. And I told him these tickets don’t even gotta be for him and I. He can take anyone he wants with him! As long as he has a good time. So I specifically told him I would drop off his surprise to him after I got off work, so I arrived at his house around 10pm. All the lights in the house were still on, so I was sure I wasn’t completely invading. His dad answered the door, and they literally invited me inside their home and were the sweetest things ever. He was sleeping, so they took it and gave it to him this morning. They thanked me, and I was on my way. This morning, I get a message from him. I’m hoping it’s just a thank you or something nice. Instead, it is a message telling me how wrong it was to buy tickets and that I should’ve told him. Why does it matter? I literally wanted to give him a present to wish him a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, and he’s a total dick about it. Basically, all I’m asking is was what I did messed up? Like I don’t care if it was a bad idea or not. I just wanna know if giving his parents the gift and him was bad? Is this “wrong” or is he just a prick?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's happened to me before, being given a rollicking for getting tickets for a gig I thought she would like as it was a tribute to her favourite band of all time. Took her 3 weeks to explain why it was inappropriate to get tickets for a Grateful Dead tribute. The day before her Grandfathers funeral.

If he is still not opening up to you go back over and if he won't talk to you, talk to his parents. They may offer an explanation, or maybe they would think their son is being a complete spanner and read him the riot act when he surfaces...

1|0
    0|0
    • Did I do anything wrong or is he just an ungrateful prick?

• You did nothing wrong; he's acting a bit funny I would say. Can't say he's being a douche though, till he offers up a better explanation.

Mind you, women do this a lot. You buy her a gift, flowers or whatever and if she is in a funny mood she throws it back in yoir face and calls you a "selfish, entitled prick...".

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• This guy does not care about what someone do for it. This kind of people will stay in why, how and why not. They can not enjoy their life in fullest. He dont even understand what love is. your line bottom of my heart so touching. kick him out from your life. and enjoy. merry Christmas.

1|0
    0|0
  • He, s a prick and your to good for him so move on please x

1|0
    0|0
  • You did nothing wrong. I think it is thoughtful and sweet

1|0
    0|0
  • you had a 5 year long crush on the wrong guy.

love that is not mutual is going to hurt u

1|0
    0|0
  • U tried something to impress him but he didn't even thought about u so move on

1|0
    0|0
  • You bought him two tickets, so of course he's gonna assume that you want to take him there, which is basically what would be happening even if he did want to go with you.

I wouldn't say he's a prick, he probably just doesn't like you as much as you like him, so spending that much money on him is gonna scare him. Also given your age it's probably not the best idea to invest so much in other people until the intentions on both sides are clear. Try not to let emotions cloud your judgements, and handle the situation with a bit more logic. That way you prevent setting yourself up for failure.

If you like the guy, ask him if he likes you back. It's the only way you're gonna get a clear idea of where his head is at.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its the koneyyyy you spent on him and not The present. Because he didn't have anything to give back to you.

Can't you girls see the logic?

1|0
    0|1
    • not even I can see it. I mean I know that feel but try to stop acting like that it is not the way to deal with getting gifts whilst not giving any back

• Show All
    • Ight cool what ever floats your boat... Your problem not mine.

You wanted opinion i gave you one..

• it is an oppinion which some people have. anyways even if this is the right oppinion that would leave you with the same result: forget him

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes