Not ready to date yet, the meaning?

SomeGuyWithaQuestion
Coming from a guy,

I met this girl a few months ago and we really hit it of. We became closer and closer in our friendship. She told me when we were talking about relationships that she broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago and wasn't ready to date yet. I already knew, she knew what i was trying to do but i ignored it. Some time after I felt confident enough to ask her out on a date. She replied with saying that i would be dating her with a different idea than she would and that she isn't ready to date at the moment.

After that we talked about an hour and both concluded it would be better to stay friends for the time being. That night i felt really good about it because i didn't want to lose her as a friend (before asking her out i was thinking i would be satisfied with just being friends and i was). The next morning for some reason i felt bad about it even though i was happy the night before. I am still happy to be friends but for some reason i still feel rejected and a little bit sad about it. I still feel like it could be something more but i also want to move on.

What are your thoughts about it and what should i do?
Not ready to date yet, the meaning?
1
2