Not ready to date yet, the meaning?

Coming from a guy,

I met this girl a few months ago and we really hit it of. We became closer and closer in our friendship. She told me when we were talking about relationships that she broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago and wasn't ready to date yet. I already knew, she knew what i was trying to do but i ignored it. Some time after I felt confident enough to ask her out on a date. She replied with saying that i would be dating her with a different idea than she would and that she isn't ready to date at the moment.

After that we talked about an hour and both concluded it would be better to stay friends for the time being. That night i felt really good about it because i didn't want to lose her as a friend (before asking her out i was thinking i would be satisfied with just being friends and i was). The next morning for some reason i felt bad about it even though i was happy the night before. I am still happy to be friends but for some reason i still feel rejected and a little bit sad about it. I still feel like it could be something more but i also want to move on.

What are your thoughts about it and what should i do?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually whenever a person says that they aren't ready to date yet it means that they are either recovering from a previous breakup/still trying to work on making themselves better before they date. Unfortunately, there isn't much that you can do in this situation. All you can do is wait for her to hopefully be able to date again. Please don't try to force her into a relationship. Just like when you are trying to get a person to start exercising, a person will most likely continue an exercise program if it is their idea rather than someone else forcing them to do so.

You have to make the decision now whether you would want to wait for her (which might be like 2 months minimum) or choose to keep your options open and start looking for other girls. I know this decision is pretty hard but dig deep within yourself and I'm sure you'll find the answer that best suits you.

• Thank you very much for your response, it was pretty helpful.

I made my choice and i will move on because thats what i said i would do to the girl i was talking to. I will keep my word, unless i'm not in a relationship when she is ready. I won't throw away a opportunity that is represented to me.