Should we talk more about it?

My boyfriend and I live on different continents and neither one of us wanna move, but we’re pretty serious about our relationship and whenever I try to talk about what we’re gonna do about it he just says we’ll figure it out. Should I let it go and trust that we will figure it out or is it important to talk more about? We’re only 18 so we have a few years to figure out what to do.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• frankly, it is idiotic to think this relationship will last. you're only 18. i am sure you can find someone worthy of your love ON the continent you live in. being that long-distance is insane. it's not real. no matter how many late night conversations you have, it isn't real. being with someone in person is so radically different...

• We know it’s an issue that we live so far away but we never meant to become as close as we are and I’ve never been this close with anyone

• I’ll see him at least once a year

• and that's enough? ... ... ... you can't build intimacy with someone like that. It isn't grounded in reality. In the here and now.