Was this rude for my mom to say?

my mom's friend said that i was prettier than my mom. my mom then responds "it's because of make up"? i thought that was really rude. i get hit on and people tell me i am pretty even when i am not wearing make up. i feel like she was saying that i am only pretty when i wear make up and not without. was it rude for my mom to say, what was my mom trying to imply in her response?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I could see how that could be taken as rude. I don't know your mother though (I mean, other than last night) (sorry, I had to). Is she the type to make those sorts of passive aggressive insults? If so, then she was probably doing just that. If not, then she may not have meant it that way.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably was offended by what the person said. Defense mechanism. When people say this, its your job to say I'm beautiful because of her. Hype her up. Her friend was the rude one tbh

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Your mom shouldn't have said that. You are her daughter not competitor. It's strange that she said that.

1|0
    0|0
  • it was rude to say and your mom is showing her ugly side, part of growing up is realizing that our parents aren't always right...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its your mom's Friend who wants to imply something on your mom, they both used you as a tool in that context.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chill her ego might got hurt it's common in elder or she might find ur guy flirting u n got angry as a mother for flirting her daughter

0|0
    0|0
  • why can't women exist peacefully amongst each other?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not rude. You shouldn't mind. Afterall, she is your mom

0|0
    0|0
  • Was ur mom wearing makeup?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh, do you think your mom was jealous?

0|0
    0|0
  • It was rude, is she ur step mother?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's strange that she told that!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes