Was this rude for my mom to say?

my mom's friend said that i was prettier than my mom. my mom then responds "it's because of make up"? i thought that was really rude. i get hit on and people tell me i am pretty even when i am not wearing make up. i feel like she was saying that i am only pretty when i wear make up and not without. was it rude for my mom to say, what was my mom trying to imply in her response?

111

Most Helpful Guy

• I could see how that could be taken as rude. I don't know your mother though (I mean, other than last night) (sorry, I had to). Is she the type to make those sorts of passive aggressive insults? If so, then she was probably doing just that. If not, then she may not have meant it that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably was offended by what the person said. Defense mechanism. When people say this, its your job to say I'm beautiful because of her. Hype her up. Her friend was the rude one tbh