How to ask someone out?

Okay, I like this socially awkward guy (and sexually ambiguous, yeah I know) who I am confused whether or not he really likes me or just ridiculously nice and shy. Asking him out is the only way I could find out for sure as he does not seem to be one to easily pickup subtle nonverbal cues and flirtation; not here to beat around the bush.
I pretty much have everything planned by the end of May, I even got his best friend and our little posse to have my back, and set up our hangout where I plan to confess how I feel right before he leaves. Problem is, I never asked out anyone in my life. Let’s say in same-sex world, I’m the “female role” in the relationship, if that makes sense. What to do I even say?

03