Would you date someone single but with kids? Why or why not?

Would you date someone single but with kids? Why or why not??

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. If he has the kid (s) all the time (meaning their father is not in the picture or there is no babysitting support from other family members), probably not, since kids get sick, injured, etc., plus I honestly don't want someone else's around during all my free time. Another complication is that I have kids myself, so everyone would have to get along (too many permutations).
    If I have a great rapport with her, some interests in common, and there is no problem with us spending quality time by ourselves, then, sure.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't go out of my way to, because that's baggage even I don't expect to bring to a relationship and it makes things harder because you can't be the centre of the relationship with your partner. Some things to do with the kid have to come first.

So long as they didn't have a crazy baby mother trying to wreck our relationship, their kid wasn't insane and the father loved and looked after them well (and wasn't just looking for a babysitter) then I would consider it if I really really liked the guy. Otherwise no

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 48

• Hell yeah a kid or not doesn’t matter if you love then enough that you would plus that means you have a chance to help a kid out some kids without a father figure tend to either go to a life of crime or depression or even just some type a problems I know people will say I’m a kid with no father figure doesn’t mean I have any problems or no do I live a life of crime but I’m not say you are because I’m Just saying there are kids who do so don’t make it about you tho k of others

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm a single dad myself , also still working FT , therefore don't date. I am well aware that the overwhelming vast majority of women would not take on a man with " baggage " , I admit I would not do the " blended family " thing with a single mother , too messy & complex , have more than enough stress as it is , I prefer staying single now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well dating someone with kids is not a bad thing cause the girl who is raising child alone she is so good person, she knows how do deal with problem she will also guide me for good things but can't say about marriage it's depend on that time what will happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me or not if she's a mother or not. My main concern as her man is 1) do the kids accept me?, 2) is her baby daddy (daddies) over her?, and 3) how do her baby daddy (daddies) feel about me being around his kids? If everything checks out okay with the kids and the baby daddies feel comfortable about me being around their kids then sure we can be a happy family :) All I ask for in return in a kid of my own so I can feel like I'm apart of the family lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • In a way I don't feel like raising someone else's kid, but at the same time being an attractive independent single mom makes women so irresistible that it's really hard not to so hell to the yes, definitely would

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the story behind the child and the father's involvement in the child's life. If it was by a hook up no way. If the child was conceived in a LTR and the father saw the child regularly and paid child support yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how many kids, the circumstances of her having kids, the relationship with the dad, etc.

I would not date a woman who has two kids or more kids from more than one father.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I have been there, done that. Not that I “hate” Mom’s or kids but from my experience, dating single moms at my age means the kids will get in the way, especially if they’re young kids. I’ve had to deal with the whole “I can’t find a babysitter” thing constantly or with the kid’s father still being involved. Nor do I want to raise someone else’s kid.

That may change when I’m older but for the time being, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • i would not. cause i see their child as a mistake they made that I'm not willing to stand for.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, I have no interest in having children of my own and even less in tending to someone elses.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would... but let me clear date is a private time between two people... so its doesn't mean that only boyfriend and girlfriend can go on date... you can also go with ur frnd, Brother, sister but if you in love with the women than nothing wrong to date her... and why not can be a personal reason of any one so I can't answer for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes why not. If there's kids it's a nice add-on. So no problem for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, I don't see the problem, but i'd be sure to not force myself to the kids, and make sure they know i'm not their father.

1|0
    0|0
  • Prolly not
    Always gotta deal with a another man most likely

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Because i also have a kid and does it realy matter

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I am date with her because date is nothing but love.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem as long as I don't get baby-dad issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see no issue with it. Add water and you get insta-family.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes as long as I didn't have to play the role of the father figure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether there's a boy, because I can't deal with boys, speaking from experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Um yes, because I'm single with kids. It would depend very strongly on their parenting philosophy. You can learn a lot about a person when you see them with their kids.

How do they handle their kids needs, their outburts, how do they talk to them, are they loving and kind and gentle...

It's actually a great way to see what kind of human they really are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how old the children are, or more so how they behave towards me, an “intruder”, and it depends on if the guy would be open to have more kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the age of kids if they are teenagers i wouldn't because it will destroy them knowing that in this age their personnality is developping so they need a total attention and care of their parent.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I would only want to care for my own kid (s). Also, if we break up, i'll have no say about the kid (s) wellbeing since I am not the bio parent. Not worth the trouble

1|0
    0|0
  • You know that really depends On your views. But for me I just feel unconforable taking care of someone else kids cause I don't have Kids of my own so that makes it really hard on someone if your just thrown into the mix with kid and don't know what your doing. Although i'm getting to an age where i'm probably going to have to start dating people who have kids. So saying if your 25 and up your going to most likely meet some guys who have kids that you like but you should throw that away just because of kids. Same goes for guys.

1|0
    0|0
    • I ment to say you shouldn't throw all that way if you like a guy just because he has kids but really it's up to you if your conforable with it.

• I would date them even if they had kids, it's not a problem with me honestly. I love kids so

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I would

1|0
    0|0
    • I want to have children anyway so it wouldn't bother me too much as long as the mother is surely over the guy and vice versa

• Thank you 😊

• I did

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, too much unneeded drama.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • Never

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I have no interest to have children so even less the child of someone else

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes