Do you prefer a strong-willed partner or a soft one?

• Strong-willed
    Vote A
  • Soft-willed
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A bit of both. A woman who knows when to be strong, but also knows when to be soft and submissive. I like both dynamics. Assertive sometimes, but also feminine and supporting rather than hardheaded and unyielding.

As for me, I also prefer to sometimes be sensitive and giving, but also like to enjoy my more manly dominance. It is like a dance, sometimes pushing, sometimes pulling.

Sometimes we have our moments where we are weak, but that doesn't have to define us. Sometimes our strong-will can also prove to be our undoing when we are too sure of ourselves and don't listen to reason just for the sake of standing our ground. Knowing how to balance the two, knowing when it is time to rise to the occasion but also when to surrender to what is, is a sign of maturity and strength despite any flaws or insecurities we still have as human beings. Once we embrace that, we can appreciate it in others and not judge them for it. We give chances because we also deserve the same chances.

To those people who think that being "soft" is weak or that it is a character trait that should be snuffed out, I like to go back my favorite philosopher, Lao Tzu...

"Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.”

"A man is born gentle and weak. At his death he is hard and stiff.
    Green plants are tender and filled with sap. At their death they are withered and dry. Therefore the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death. The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life. Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle. A tree that is unbending is easily broken. The hard and strong will fall. The soft and weak will overcome."

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Strong-willed, because I'm a pushover and need someone to tell me what to do.

0|0
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I stopped dating because the women in my life were weak willed always wanting someone else to do their responsibilities for them. I didn't want to put myself in the position to have the burden of two adults. Thing is strong willed women are not attracted to me so mgtow forever it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I despite both extremes. A strong woman can be also a woman with a strong personality and I am not looking for that, a soft woman can be a woman who is pretty naive, and have self confidence issues. I would go with an assertive woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman can be strong willed. But she can also act like a woman around me. I don't want a woman that is going to fight me over everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • A strong willed woman. I'm tired of listening to all the little problems women have. Oh I have a headache, oh I'm sick, oh I'm on my period. Woman up and quit complaining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Strong willed for I have no love for weakness.
    Strong will does NOT equate to dominant.

1|0
    0|1
  • Strong willed in life, but soft willed with me. I dont like to be bossed around, but lile a woman who knows what she wants!

0|1
    0|0
  • strong, for sometimes you go through tough times together as a couple

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who can talk things over to reach the best result, and not someone who needs to get their way just because they need to win.

0|0
    0|0
  • being strong is good but it's awesome when u mix between being wild and soft

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like stubborn know it alls who want their own way but I don't like followers either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• I love men who are sweet & sensitive, but can take charge when he sees that I need him to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im mostly soft so I need someone strong 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Strong~willed

0|0
    0|0
  • a healthy mix.

0|0
    0|0
  • Strong willed!

0|0
    0|0
  • Mix of both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Soft one

0|0
    0|0
  • Strong willed definitely, but not too stillborn that they can't apologise when required.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes