I checked my boyfriend's phone and I feel so guilty afterwards. What should I do?

Last night, when my boyfriend was sleeping next to me, I couldn't sleep so I started playing with his phone that was placed right next to us. Soon, I got curious and started reading his texts to others... There were flirty messages to girls that were sent a few months before he met me, and I couldn't help but feel a bit angry about it even though it was from a long time ago. After checking his phone, I found out that he has been pretty loyal to me since the day we've met. I feel guilty for invading his privacy, and it's been bothering me since for some reason. What should I do about this? Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him what you just did and appoligize. You also want to gush over him a bit to let him know how much you appreciate the way he treats you. You showed a hint of jealousy which is understandable and this will tell you a lot about him. Considering he focused on you after you started dating, I sounds like you have a keeper without jealousy issues also.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just explain to him that you did go through his phone and you apologize for invading his privacy. You should have had enough faith in him to know that he isn't the type of guy to do anything that'd hurt you and that it won't happen again. Maybe that'll make you feel better to know that you were honest and upfront with him while assuming he wasn't.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Don't do it again. And honesty is the best policy, sit him down, tell him you did it, tell him it was irrational, tell him you're very sorry and that you will never do it again because you trust him, and that you are telling him because you want to be as honest and trustworthy with him as he is with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • looks like you have a good man so be loyal to him, you might have some insecure issues which you have to work on

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him, just tell him you where bored got curious and that your sorry for snooping.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him anal, he won't talk to another girl after that.

1|0
    0|0
  • dont tell him. just dont ever do it again and try and forget about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him what you did and make sure that you don't do it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that you are sorry and that you won't be doing it again

0|0
    0|0
  • What should you do? You should not do it again. That’s what.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its bother then share it with him. Don't keep it till you can't bear it

0|0
    0|0
  • Suck his dick and say sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him. I'd find it cute.

0|0
    0|1
  • Just let it go, no need to make a fuss out of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it again... Simple as that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It's prettyyyy normal. Don't worry! leave it there. don't tell him about this because some guys get mad when they find out that their girlfriend checked their phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on, put it behind you. You can’t change the past but you can make the future better

1|0
    0|0
  • Curiosity is one of great personnality traits if the human being just don't do it again and learn from your mistakes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes