Ex says I’m selfish for ending the relationship, what do you think? ?

Anonymous
I recently ended it with my boyfriend of 5 months because he wanted me to not eat meat at home and that it was the only criteria in marrying me. He’s Indian and I’m Chinese and he made me choose between eating vegetarian meals at home (I would be the one cooking it too) or end the relationship.

I chose to end the relationship because I felt it was very unfair to maintain a meat free home when we are both in an interracial relationship. He thinks I’m selfish that I chose my diet over love. I’m a big food lover as well and he thinks sacrificing meat isn’t a big thing.

He said I can eat meat outside and when we go out, but the marital home must be meat free. I love my meat and believed in equality, he thinks I’m selfish in my decision and is very upset. Honestly, in my mind it’s just not fair, I’ve sacrificed a lot food wise, such as can’t go for my favourite things like sushi etc and when we do go out to eat, I’m always veggie conscious because of him, but I know I miss enjoying food.

Do you think I’m selfish? He says if you love someone you would give it up.

What would you do?
20
9