Broke off friends with benefits should I make contact?

i broke up with my friends with benefits of 3 years last week. I was feeling frustrated I sent a text asking him not to contact me anymore. He responded the next day OK.
Should i reach out and apologize or just leave it and move on?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 years, wow! What is making you feel like you need to apologize? Like, did you mean it? If so, then no, just leave it. He might be wondering wtf? so if you wanted to explain it, you could. He might appreciate that (some guys would, I would). But yeah it's kind of ended now, so any contact you make is kind of opening that back up again you know? So if you meant it, and don't want him back, then I'd just leave it and move on I think. You might confuse him otherwise.