Guys like girls who text first?

I met this guy at the club (not the best place) about three weeks ago. He asked for my number and said he was going to ask me out that week. He didn't call, he called me on the weekend and then again the next week. I was out of town and he said, you text me when you get back in town. I'm back, so what would you guys think if I texted him. Is it like a way guys have to know if you are too into him? I have just seen him once but I think he is interesting.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you need to text him because you're the one who was away. He put the ball in your court. Nothing wrong with who texts who first. You should go for it! Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• He just wants to know if/when you're in town. How else should he know otherwise, unless he is psychic or spies or stalks you.
    It makes no sense that he calls you a dozen times just so you can tell him off because you're not in town. After the third time you would think he is needy and you would loose interest, and he already called you twice. So now it's up to you to drop the info.
    Message him.

0|1
    0|0
  • You've got to be kidding me!
    He literally said, "Text me when you get back," and you're STILL questioning it?
    It does not get any more straight forward than that! If his meaning escapes you, you should give up on dating entirely!

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course you should text him. There's no hidden meaning in what he said. You were out of town, so rather than call you over and over again he just said text me when you're back. So yes, do it. He made the initial effort, now it's your turn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well we generally like girls who put more effort than usual into talking to us, or girls who give attention to us :). Playing hard to get isn't really favoured among us.

0|1
    0|0
  • You may initiate the convo but don't go out of the way in the process. We like girls who pay attention to us but don't have very high opinions of those who act too desperate

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to talk to him, message him, if you don't, don't. If he doesn't message you it means he either doesn't want to talk atm or is nervous about bothering you.

0|0
    0|0
  • well what would you think if you were a guy and the girl didn't seem to put effort into a possible relationship/have interest

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes text him. If you don't text him, he will assume that you are not interested, and he will move on because no one wants to get arrested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Text him its nice when a girl shows interest.
    If I told a girl text me when your back, it mean exactly what I said!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. Don't text him first it creates bad thoughts on u

0|0
    0|2
  • I would love if a girl texted me first

0|0
    0|0
  • Never met one who does x

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1