Should you date a guy that has done drugs?

this guy i know told me he did coke and meth, he said they were very addicting. i couldn't believe it because he doesn't look like it. he also does ecstasy at raves. i think he has done acid and shrooms as well. he also smokes marijuana which isn't a big deal but just pointing out. he drinks also. i dont know what else he has done but those are the drugs he has told me. i mean ecstasy is a dangerous and dirty drug. i would never touch it. should you date a guy who does that. i did love him, but i think i was blind and justifying the drugs. if it was another guy, it would of been a deal breaker but maybe because i was in love, i justified his addiction. any opinions of dating a drug addict. ohh and he did adderall too.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if I should... I'd probably be more discouraged by the whole guy thing than the drugs...

Anyway.. We all carry something from our past, some worse than others, but still. People actually DO change sometimes.
    I've done a ton of drugs in my teens and and in high school, am I proud of it? No. Did I learn from it? Yes. Would I change it giving the possibility? No. It's part of who I am and what I have become. I managed to pull myself together, get my masters, get married and have children. I am CEO of a tech company and spends a lot of time doing voluntary work...
    My point just being, that sometimes you have to let the past be the past and try and see beyond...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• "DOES", I wouldn't. If someone dabbled and has their life under control then yes, I'm not threatened if someone has experienced drugs, I have and I do not do any, anymore. I think that it could only go down hill if they're still using and not just once in a while but seems like he definitely had an addiction.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE