Who do you think should pay on a date? And why?

Who do you think should pay on a date? And why??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to split the bill until there an exclusive relationship has been established. Then we can take turns paying for things.

0|0
    0|1
    • Why do you prefer that?

• Show All
    • If you didn't encounter them, besides you are not a man, then don't think istead of me. Ask me or ask anyone (men) about their experiences when dating women and they will give you the right answer.
      Sounds to me that this is more accurate and logical to do instead of guessing and not relying on solid expriences of the gender who is concerned by this.

• I’ll stick to paying for myself, thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• With my ex my income was miles more than hers so i was happy to pay always. She always (at first) wanted to split the bill but that feels like a business transaction. So we agreed I'd pay but every so often she woyld pay for both of us a treat to me if you will.

If you're on an equal wage then the man should pay for the first couple. Then it should be shared after that. Unless she's digging for gold

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually, this is exactly what made me think about that. I think men have no problem to pay something they can afford on a date. But what if your date doesn't deserve it. What if she is a "gold digger". How would you know if she is just taking advantage of you?
      That's why I wanted to see especially the honest girls point of view about that to see what is different about them compared to "gold diggers".
      And I can see that the common thing is that a girl will at least want to split the bill after the first date.

• If she doesn't deserve it don't spend itm how you figure that out? Use your sense i guess.. hard with love i know

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Guys should pay on the first date (especially if they are invited), and then couples should either split or alternate paying unless one is insistent on paying (though the other should pick up the tab now and then).
    Dates don't have to be super expensive

1|0
    0|0
  • I always offer to go dutch but if the guy insisted on taking care of the whole bill, I wouldn't decline.

Although there isn't a definite who should pay on a date, I do find the man more attractive when he pays for the first date. After the first date, I would prefer to go dutch.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think that, at least on a first date, the cost should be split between the people on it, each paying for what they bought or each putting in 50% of the total. After that, either keep splitting or switch between one person paying for the whole date then the other doing the same for the next one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not necessary always boy have to pay but some one should lead it first and boys does it most of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there should be an expectation for either person to pay. I would offer to pay for half but I wouldn't be upset if the guy declined the offer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it depends. A guy should, but I wouldn't mind if I've got the cash.

0|0
    0|0
  • The person who suggests the date :))

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • I cringe out of my own gravity when people pay for things for me. I just feel like I'm being a burden. I'd rather pay all of it, for peace of mind; but I'd settle for splitting it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe the two people should discuss it and decide for themselves.

Sometimes a person with more disposable income asks a person with very little disposable income out - should they just not date at all?

Sometimes two people believe in traditional gender roles for themselves - should they just not date at all?

50/50 is a nice goal. I agree with it in general.

But there is not just one right way to do it.

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 22

• At my age, women expect a man to pay for dates, I can afford to pay, I don't mind paying, and money never becomes an issue. The only problem with this approach is that some guys (not me) think that if they spent $100 on a date, a woman ought to have sex or at least give them a blow job. That is a stupid attitude to have because. . . if a woman will have sex in exchange for a meal and drinks, that makes her a whore, and that is not the kind of woman who I want as a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been out on dates where i have paid and some where we have split the bill, historically men always paid as tradition but i think its really down to the dating couple to make that decision, it could be that the lady wants to pay and there is no shame in that or she could be more wealthy than the guy but whatever the case it should not be all one way

0|0
    0|0
  • The age old question of “who should pay on the first date?” It’s a minefield now. Do the gentlemanly thing, and you could end up looking a sexist dinosaur; split the bill, and the only thing you could end up kissing goodbye is the chance of a second date.
    Personally, i think the person who asks for the date should offer to pay, then it is up to the other person whether to let that happen or not.
    After a few dates and we become exclusive, I would like to alternate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if she's a traditional girl or not. I love ladylike traditional girls that want to he treated right, so I'll pay every time because I know they'll appreciate it. However, if she is more independent and doesn't mind either way perhaps you could discuss split payment.

The issue isn't paying for her, it is the expectation that you have to pay. Work it out depending on your own and her needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think that should be gender specific. I feel if either one offers to pay for something make sure that is what they want to do. Or even best - just shout each other drinks all night. That usually evens out the playing field :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Asker should expect to pay. It's a fine gesture for the asked to offer, genuinely, to pay and even finer if they insist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Man, is actually kinda simple.
    It means control.
    If you're the one paying the bill, you're in charge of the date, of you split, both are in control, if she pays, she's controlling the date.
    So, that depends of who you want to be in the relationship: the controller, the controlled, or 50% of the controller.
    I personally prefer being the controller, but is really hard to find girls who wants to be controlled.
    So, there's the other point: the girl is ok with your choice? She wants to be on the opposite polar of the relationship?
    Consider these two points, and you have your answer

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how many they have went on it’s better to switch every time. 1st the man then 2nd the woman

1|0
    0|0
  • It's 2017, it's who ever is willing to pay now instead of just the guy. Feminist will beat you down for taking it

0|0
    0|0
  • On date with one really conservative girl and I paid everything, that I expected her to pay cinema and she was really annoyed till the end of the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • The asker should always pay for the date, because it shows class.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either or. Take turns. My girlfriend gets mad if I tey to pay all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who shows more skin on the date should pay. That should be the new rule. :P

0|0
    0|1
  • Whoever. Split it, or take turns, but overall, equality.

0|0
    0|0
  • The mans place to pay for the date

0|1
    0|1
  • Both. It's the 21st century.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. Coz it shows fairness duh

0|0
    0|0
  • The one asking to date pays or it's 50/50

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who's inviting

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually pay for everyone when we go out.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes