Dating an emotionally unavailable man? Or is it just me?

So I met this guy about 9 months ago and things started out great we were talking everyday and really connecting. After awhile things kinda started to simmer down and we would still talk a lot just not as much but everytime I would ask him to hangout he would be busy or have an excuse, we would also go from talking often to not talking for weeks or I would text him and he would seem kinda dry So I would stop and give him space until he would come back like nothing happened. So about a couple of months in we finally hung out when he randomly called me and it was great! But again right after that he went kinda dry and he was "busy with work stuff" until next time we went on a month hiatus which is the longest time he's every "needed space".. until again he asked me to hangout randomly and I accepted and it was great but now of course he's going dry... At the beginning this bothered me and I would try to reach out but after awhile I let things go his way and don't reach out until he does.. he has told me that he has had some issues with his mother and doesn't mention her much but part of me is like is this guy playing a game with me? or is he just trying to keep unemotionally attached in relationships?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I get the big impression he's just not that into you. He doesn't prioritize seeing you not does he prioritize talking with you until he does. This hot cold thing he's doing seems like a ploy to get in your pants then move on.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So I should drop him and move on or talk to him about it?

• Show All
    • Can we not edit? Anyway my opinion is to move on.

• Thanks for the advice

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I usually act like that even with friends. I guess because I am really afraid to make a fool of myself by doing anything in public. I got asked for weeks to go get a beer by a really close friend so I could met his friends, I was really afraid of how they would judge me and what repercussions could have this on my friend. This is my case, yours could be completely different from mine but I wanted to share this with you so you could check if my problem matches yours

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe I wish I knew if he does have an issue like that or he's playing a game with me.. Thank you for your answer!

• Guys don't like to be emotional, we are trained by society to see it as weakness. Because of this guys don't know how to process emotion and shy away from emotional attachment.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm getting red flag that he already has a girl/wife and is cheating on them with you

1|0
    0|0
    • Ekkkk I hope not!

• Show All
    • You did!! Lol

• glad i could've been of help then 😊

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes