Do you pay on dates?

I've never had to pay while on a date with a girl. They have always pay. I've always hear guys complaining that they always have to pay and its the guys role?

Same question for girls on here too! Have you guys ever pay or you never had too either?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Sometimes the guy will pay for our date. If I am the one who planned it, then I'd pay for it. Most of the times we split the bill.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the guy always having to pay is bs. And simply wouldn't date a woman that won't pay part of the time.

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I pay when it's my turn to pay. We always take turns with my boyfriend.

1|2
    0|0
  • I never have paid on a date with a guy. My dad always paid for my mother until they were engaged- that’s the way my family and I think it should be! I am quite traditional and so is my family, so we believe the man should always pay for the lady. Call me old fashioned!

2|0
    0|0
  • If he asks for my time he's paying. You sound like a loser

3|0
    0|1
    • O_o pretty judgmental of you when you don't know anything about me. Sounds like you are bitter about your own personal experiences and trying to push them on me.

• I mean it could be that or it could just be that you're a loser.

• I might be old fashioned but if a man wants to be in a relationship with you, it's his job to wine & dine you...
    he needs to pay at first and if he isn't financially able he isn't ready to be looking for something serious... I was also raised to date someone you can picture spending the rest of your life with so it's a deal breaker if he can't provide. I work also but the man is still the man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had to pay. I have chosen to pay for my boyfriend at the time when we went out on dates. We were together a long time though. But when it comes to first dates and things on that order, I've never had to pay

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I always fight over the bill. I don't want him to spend money on me so much and I like to treat my man. But alas, he's a gentleman. ^_^

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy should assume he will pay for everything but the girl should also offer. I like 50/50 60/40. I would feel guilty if he paid all the time. It also depends on who made the plans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless he specifically wants to pay, I always split. Especially on first date. My appetite tends to lead to the more pricey side, so I never want to put the guy in the situation of, not having enough or having to get chicken fingers to not have a big bill. If I go out, I like to get what I like. The worst feeling is having to worry about what to get etc. So why not split it? Everyone chips in and no one has to worry about what to get etc. Movies? Someone buy tickets and someone buy snacks. Easy peasie

0|0
    0|0
  • Well never been on a date but I would insist on going dutch, I hate owing someone something

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually I pay half of the money, sometimes all of it but he always pays for the next one then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to go to live concerts. He doesn't. I pay. He pays for everything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't casually date.. but if I did I'd be happy to pay

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I was always broke. But at the same time, every once in a while if I was able to pay, I would. Same with them. It was a lot of McDonald's and car dates.

GUY: "Wanna go out on a date with me?".
    ME: "Yes".
    GUY: "Where would you like to go out to eat?".
    ME: "McDonalds or Applebee's. I'm not sure".
    GUY: "Why not both?".
    ME: "Okay 😊".

And these be the guys that make very low income. But they tend to offer to take me out more than guys who make a decent amount of income. I was broke dating broke guys. I don't mind the guy paying for the date, but at times I like to pay as well. And I don't mind a guy paying, but I like for there to be a limit. So that I at least don't feel like he'd spending too much on me nor all or most of what he has.

Vast majority of my dates that I choose are cheap or free. I don't like spendy ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never paid while on a date. I always offer but it's never accepted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.. you're the man.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I always pay, for the both of us, dont let him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I avoid doing something expensive for a first date. I like to cook for example, so that's an option.

On dates with my SO, we usually take turns paying. With my current boyfriend, I try to pay more often because my family has more money so my parents support me while his can't do the same for him.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I have always paid for everything on dates. At my age, it is what women expect. I can afford to pay, I don't mind paying, and it never becomes an issue with anyone I date. The fact that I pay for things does NOT mean that I expect a woman to give me sex on every date.

3|0
    0|0
    • So you do it because you have to, not because you genuinely want to do it?

• No, I don't do ANYTHING because it is "required." I do it because it just makes things work more smoothly and who in the hell wants to argue with a girl about how to split the check?

• I dated a girl who loved paying for everything. it made me very uncomfortable cuz I dont like making a scene in public and she just wouldn't let me pay. and I ain't even poor

0|0
    0|0
  • I think whoever invited the other person out should be the one to pay. because it's kind of a jerk move to invite someone out and then expect them to pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya i see if they pay now lol
    Thats the New thing to test her

You asked the least she can do is pay or she can ask lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I have pretty much never had a women pay for shit except my friends sister cause she wanted my D in her

0|0
    0|0
  • Its the political correct society view point is for the man to pay henceforth he asked the girl out

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously

1|0
    0|0
  • of course

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't pay

0|0
    0|0
  • This must be a joke

0|0
    0|0
  • Teach me your ways master.

0|0
    0|0
    • Umm, I just talk to girls who are interesting and have a big imagination. They tend to be the ones that are outgoing but feel that no one else wants to do fun stuff. So if you are a fun person they want to do all these fun things with you.

Also I have never flat out ask a girl on a date, I always talking about all these fun thing to do. and see how interested they are. If she is too passive you know you won't really have a lot of fun with her so I don't even bother. For example, this one girl wants to go skydiving and no one she knows wanted to do it. She doesn't even care if she has to pay for both of them she just wants to go and have fun.

• Opps I forgot to say if she is interested then she will start planning out all these fun things to do. So its not like we are even going on a date it's more like we are just going on a fun adventure. That's how it's always been for me..

Recommended myTakes