Should I be cautious of this guy?

I saw his online dating profile on which he talked about his life, himself all regular things. He wrote that's he's looking to settle down and for a long term relationship. Then he wrote that he has a high sex drive and is looking for someone with the same.

Is this ok to mention straight away or a red flag on the kind of guy he is. I mean talking to him he seems like a nice but I feel like maybe he is just only after hook ups

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like he's looking to get laid and the other things he said are just his way to convince people that he's a normal guy but that doesn't change the fact that he mentioned that he's looking for a sex partner which seems pretty high on his list which should make you feel hesitant if your goal is to find a loving partner not a horny one.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• It definitely seems flag worthy. I get it, you have to be sexually compatible but as you say it's not a piece of information you are so upfront about.

I would say you could give him the benefit of the doubt but if you decide to then you have the right idea about being cautious

0|0
    0|0
  • My advice would be to stay safe. If you feel that something is wrong about him, don't trust him too much. The whole point of this thing is that you're not always sure who they are. I'm not saying ignore him, but at least make him talk and slow things down, if he's looking for hook ups he might lose interest

0|0
    0|0
  • A high sex drive is something natural, he wants to settle with a long term partner with the same sex drive so they don't break up over such differences, he just doesn't want his sexual urges unsatisfied and wants to be happy with his partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd see it as a red flag. That he's likely looking for sex early on in the relationship, and quite possibly, looking for sex more than a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • always be cautious, dont move to sex too quickly. that way you know it isn't about a hookup. if you hold off and he still sticks around, then he is not just in it for the hookup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. If i mention i like sex in my profile means i want sex and tbat is my main priority. But there are some exceptions. It doent hurt to try and ask him yourself😅

0|0
    0|0
  • You can not decide just by his profile.. many people mention false information on their profile while some are genuine, its better not to hurry.. try and know him better.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he said he wants to settle down and have a long term relationship, then why would you assume he is lying? He says high sex drive because quite frankly a lot of women don't, they don't want sex as much as the man does and that can cause friction especially if the guy has a significantly higher sex drive. So since you have absolutely no reason to presume that he is only looking for hookups and every reason to assume he does not as he quite clearly stated as much, I would go with assuming he wants what he stated he wants. Just don't have sex with him on the first date (which you shouldn't be doing to begin with if you want a guy to take you seriously) or the second for that matter, and you will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get that impression. If a guy just wants hookups, it's much easier to just say that they're looking for hookups. Plenty of women are also looking for hookups (Don't lie, many of you are).

If he says he's looking for a relationship, chances are he actually is. I'm not sure why this would be a red flag, people in relationships have sex right? Isn't it better that he's honest and upfront about his needs and expectations?

At the end of the day, I do think it is better to go with your gut, but I also think it's kind of BS for penalizing a guy purely for being honest.

The idea of wanting a long term relationship is not incompatible at all with wanting lots of sex... he just wants lots of sex with one person so that it is meaningful rather than lots of sex with various partners and is unfulfilling.

Just my take on it, best of luck to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if he is truthful n also he want to know the compatability n avoid problems which he had with previous girls can't this happen

0|1
    0|0
  • It could really mean anything. My advice if you like him continue to get to know him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask him straight up. Players usually have mega egos. If he is, chances are his ego will insert his foot into his mouth; my guess is if he is a player, he'll respond with a casual remark like, 'what's wrong with 2 people just having fun', etc.
    If he says something matter of factly, it's probably just a matter of fact.
    If he says it's shyly or coyly, he makes it as a personal defect but has gotten in the way, or that he may have had a former partner that was a prude/unavailable intimately.
    Always be careful of online dating, and trust your intuitive nature as a woman.
    ♥ + ✌️

0|0
    0|0
  • Smh, I'm tired of men doing this. It makes me feel bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Or he could be looking for someone exclusive to have a good long term sexual relationship with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a sex addict.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always be careful.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes