Men, I got kicked out. What should I do? Serious advice?

I started dating a guy. I really really like him. His name is Bob. Bob is such a hard worker and sweet person. I brought him over my place to meet my roommate and my roommate hated him. Long story short... She hated him so much she called cops on Bob and told me I had three days to leave because I was dating him. I have two kids and now I have no where to go. Bob offered that I stay with him till I figured things out. But I can’t take my kids. What should I do? Go with bob till I’m back on my feet? Or should I Go back with the father of my child that’s abusive and can harm me? If I go w Bob I won’t bring my kids. But my kids would be safe with grandparents. I have 2 days to leave. What to do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say follow your heart but that's the easy way out for me and you. I would follow my gut instincts and take myself and my kids to my grandparents to be completely safe. Because people do change behind closed doors.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• What's wrong with Bob?

1|0
    0|0
    • Nothing at all. My roommate just didn’t want him at our place. So she kicked me out. Maybe she was just being evil.

• And she threatened to call the police over that? Wow. Sounds like she's not right in the head and quite volatile and probably best your kids aren't around that anymore anyway.
      Take your kids to Bob with you, or go to your grandparents with your kids.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• What did your roommate hate about "Bob?"

0|1
    0|0
  • Ok, why won't Bob take your kids? I mean, I understand that he doesn't have to but... I mean, if I even remotely cared about a girl, I'm taking her kids in. That said, wherever you go, your kids need to go with you so if Bob won't take your kids, you need to go live with your grandparents until you can figure things out. Whatever you do, you absolutely do not go to a different place than your kids because I promise you that if you do this, your kids may never forgive you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Do NOT leave them with anyone you know is abusive. There are shelters that will take you in and help you until you can find a place. Do you belong to a church? Ask for assistance. There are many compassionate people who would love to help.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all I dont think thats allowed by law. By law she has to give you 1-3 months till you found a new place. You pay your share of the rent so its your right to stay.(and I think even if you wouldn't, you'd still had the tolerance time of 1-3 months Because she simply can't set you on the street.)

Talk to a lawyer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like there is a whole chunk of the story missing. I bet it's something along the lines how Bob brought crack and two of you got so high that you passed out and one of the kids almost died.

0|2
    0|0
  • Take kids with you go to bob see how he reacts if he is chill about it you got yourself a new man. If he is angry then stay one night and go back to children dad and try to find new place to live, good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have the option of dropping Bob and staying? And what did your room mate find wrong with Bob?

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG please do NOT go back to somebody physically abusive!

I don't know if going with Bob is the right answer, it likely isn't since it's so early. I DO know that going back with your abusive baby daddy is the WRONG answer.

Of all the things I don't understand about women, the one thing I wish to God that I could change, would be that you would all STOP running back to the men who physically abuse you.

Like holy shit, I can understand why women don't like "Nice guys", but why you give abusive shitbags your affection is what drives me insane. It's the most maddening thing in existence seeing men treat women like punching bags and then be rewarded for it.

You always think that it'll be better, but it never is. The average amount of times it takes for abusive relationships to end is 12-14 (Yes seriously, look it up), please stay FAR away from any man who abuses you.

0|0
    0|0
  • How can your room mate kick you out? That's what leases and rental agreements are for.

0|2
    0|0
  • Grandparents home for a while and find a place to live. You just met Bob.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Why can’t you take your children?
    If your ex would harm you why are you considering leaving your children alone with him to go live with a man you barely know?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes