How do you respond when a girl you are with or dating asks you to rate her out of 10?

Okay so I have been dating this girl for a while and I told her that I didn't think I was attractive and that it is really hard for me to get dates because of how I look, I told her I saw myself as a 4/10. She then asked me what I rated her. I mean this girl is not 10 by any means, I'm not dating her for her looks, she is a really nice person and has the same political views as me which is important to me. She is not horrendous by any means, she is petite too, but I would rate her probably a 4/10 as well. I mean i wouldn't lie to her, im sure she knows she isn't a 10. So If I lied she would probably get offended. Of course I didn't tell her my rating because I don't want her to be sad or offended, but I don't want to lie either. I told her that it is innapropriate to rate someone else on their looks. And she said "I think you just don't want to tell me because you think I'm ugly." So what should I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• don't bring it up ever again. If you really like her as a person, complement her strong attributes and don't draw so much attention on looks (it's shallow). Of course, if she thinks you think she's ugly, she's most likely already insecure and might need someone to boost her self image- it doesn't mean you have to lie to her just focus on details that make her attractive (ppl like my eyelashes for example)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• This is the sort of trouble you can get into when you start applying arbitrary numerical rating systems to people.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she asks i'll tell her... If she gets offended ill find a girl with some confidence in herself.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes