Is it okay to date more than one person?

So I'm very young and I've actually never been in a relationship before, I get lot's of offers but it's very hard to choose from a wide range of guys, I'm not looking for anything serious I just want to have fun, I mean your only young once but I don't want to hurt anyone at the same time, and I was thinking of dating more than one guy and seeing which one I like most but I don't want to be labelled a slut I just want to try my options before I become committed to someone, I don't want to date on guy and somewhere down the line I regret it but the other guy I like is no longer available. Of course in the long term If I really liked one of them I'd only date them and be faithful and committed to them only, I don't cheat but it's kinda like "try before you buy" if you get what I mean but I don't know if that's considered a bad thing to do or not.

627

Most Helpful Guy

• Just my opinion... I think it's a good thing. Not all but some guys will date a few girls at once to do just that.. test the waters. Unfortunately yes girls doing it can get labelled a slut a lot of the time which is wrong. With or how many people you sleep with is no one else's business though. Enjoy life.. experiment... be whom ever makes you happy.
    You don't have to worry about hurting others it is part of growing up and dating , we are all trying to find happiness.

Hope it helps. 🙄

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you are completely honest about your intentions, and you don’t commit to an exclusive relationship unless you are actually going to be exclusive, it’s totally okay.

• I guess this ultimately depends on how serious you are getting with these guys. If you’re at a point in your life where you’re dating multiple people, then you should not really be at all serious with any of them. You will probably reach a point in your life where you are ready to get more serious with just one person. But I think a lot of the responses to your question are from people who are slightly misunderstanding what you mean, and/or getting butthurt over the idea of a woman not instantly committing herself to the first man who looks her direction.

• Fact is it’s totally normal for people date casually before committing. I’m honestly not sure why everyone is so shocked by this.