Asking her to med school formal? NEED SERIOUS HELP ASAP FROM AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE?

Alright so there’s this girl I’ve gotten a bit closer to but I don’t feel close enough to ask her to our formal. She is a year above me so this would be the possible last year she can attend unless I invite her next year or we something different for Valentine’s Day. I was feeling insecure about this issue and was going to go with a group of guy friends and just have a good time... until one of my friends mentioned that if he was a girl that was seemingly interested in me that he would feel insulted if he wasn’t invited. Tickets aren’t being sold anymore and I would have to work on buying one off of someone, but I haven’t even asked her and don’t know if she would even say yes. I’d love to go with her though but don’t want to ruin anything by jumping the gun. I would feel terribly guilty though if I went without her and she actually did have feeling for me and then she ended up seeing pictures being posted on social media. Please, please help me!!

10