Is it true shyness can be a turn off?

Okay. I've low self esteem instead of my friends saying i'm beautiful, cute and blah3. My current problem is, I don't have a boyfriend at all since all my crush (es) (2 for now) in my high schools end up liking my own best friends, so I was like.. Okay gotta move on. And the next thing I knew, I'm too afraid to even let myself fall for anybody right now. Even there's some guys (who are totally nice and comfortable to be with) asking me out, I just brushed them off. To say I'm not happy is totally a lie, because I've my wonderful family and amazing friends. But I DON'T have a boyfriend! It's just.. I don't know. I want to, but on the same time my heart is too afraid and fragile and I'm this shy kind of girl who always end up asked out by my own friends instead of my crush (this is some of my girlfriends told me before). Is it true it's not good to be shy? But i can be reaaaally super awkward and blushing all the time if I'm with someone that I interestend on and I end up befriending with guys that make me comfortable and somehow some of them end up liking me more than friends. Arghhh it's hard 😣

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just take a moment and just jump out of the shyness, I get the same thing happen to me all the time, just tell the person that you like or is asking you out that you want to be with them, or state your intentions and what you want, and I don't think shyness is too bad, just sometimes you have to act confidant

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Baby, love yourself. Being shy doesn't mean you're not confident, just hold your head up high and make sure you show them you are confident. Strut! Dating life is hard, and you are gonna experience heart break and it's difficult. But first and foremost, you need to love who you are cause how the hell you gonna love someone else? You are gorgeous in your own way. Blushing and awkward women are hella cute and a guy is gonna love that. If he doesn't tell them to fuck off. You don't need a guy to make you happy, but I understand where you are coming from.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks! I really need this

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes some men can be put off by it and find it a turn off but there are ways to come out of your shell with out being forced look up ways to beat shyness

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with being shy, believe it or not but I'm sometime shy myself but it doesn't take me long to open my heart to u and make u feel more comfortable to do it as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shyness is definitely a turn off to me, although some men like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how shy, in some cases it's a turn on for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like shy girls as long as they show some kinda of interest, you have to open up a bit more

0|0
    0|0
  • Shy is a turn on lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Try to date online then

0|0
    0|0
  • shyness is not a trun off for me.
    I like shy girls

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Shyness and self-confidence are two different things. If you are master in something, you will be confident for the matter, but shyness will prevent you from opening out or answering the fact. To overcome your shyness just hold your head up high and make sure you show them you are confident. Dating someone is hard for girls because of many uncertainty and odds, and you may suffer experience heart break. Shyness is turn-on for most guys, and particularly when it is related to sex. First and foremost, you need to love yourself, and expect love from someone. You do not need a sexy or dashing guy to make you happy. A happy and caretaker is always more committed and lovely person for married life too. Somebody from your close circle must be dreaming for you – keep your eyes open and understand his messages – not verbal or through phone – through eye and smile.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes