Is it true shyness can be a turn off?

Okay. I've low self esteem instead of my friends saying i'm beautiful, cute and blah3. My current problem is, I don't have a boyfriend at all since all my crush (es) (2 for now) in my high schools end up liking my own best friends, so I was like.. Okay gotta move on. And the next thing I knew, I'm too afraid to even let myself fall for anybody right now. Even there's some guys (who are totally nice and comfortable to be with) asking me out, I just brushed them off. To say I'm not happy is totally a lie, because I've my wonderful family and amazing friends. But I DON'T have a boyfriend! It's just.. I don't know. I want to, but on the same time my heart is too afraid and fragile and I'm this shy kind of girl who always end up asked out by my own friends instead of my crush (this is some of my girlfriends told me before). Is it true it's not good to be shy? But i can be reaaaally super awkward and blushing all the time if I'm with someone that I interestend on and I end up befriending with guys that make me comfortable and somehow some of them end up liking me more than friends. Arghhh it's hard 😣

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Just take a moment and just jump out of the shyness, I get the same thing happen to me all the time, just tell the person that you like or is asking you out that you want to be with them, or state your intentions and what you want, and I don't think shyness is too bad, just sometimes you have to act confidant

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Baby, love yourself. Being shy doesn't mean you're not confident, just hold your head up high and make sure you show them you are confident. Strut! Dating life is hard, and you are gonna experience heart break and it's difficult. But first and foremost, you need to love who you are cause how the hell you gonna love someone else? You are gorgeous in your own way. Blushing and awkward women are hella cute and a guy is gonna love that. If he doesn't tell them to fuck off. You don't need a guy to make you happy, but I understand where you are coming from.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks! I really need this