How can you tell if a guy likes you or just like your body?

I find it very hard when I date a new guy to know if they like me or they just like my body. I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with liking my body. It’s flattering, but if it’s the only thing he cares about... it makes me feel bad.. like there’s nothing more to me than a beautiful body?
You got my point..

725

Most Helpful Guy

• Well is there?
    How do you see yourself?
    Why do you see yourself this way?
    Do you think you're a good&fair person?
    Do you think you're loyal?
    Are you passionate about the things you like?

Do you think that THERE IS more to like on you than just your body?

Why do you think he's only into your body? Do you judge someone on causalic experiences you made before? But how does a human know that a causality Is actually a causality without being able to look into the future? Only because something happens 2401 times, doesn't mean that it'll happen 2402 times.

So are you the type that judges someone new based on past experiences that certainly aren't his fault or do you give everyone a clean table so everyone has the same chance?

• Sorry Im studying art and philosophy. This is simply my approach on things. 😅

• Good point.. I always give someone a clean slate.. but when you see the same pattern over and over.. it really gets to you.. I start to blame myself like there’s something wrong with me or if I’m doing or saying the wrong things.. sometimes I don’t even say anything and it still happen !!

• Dont you think that you're maybe overthinking to much? And that the fact that you are constantly dealing with thoughts like this, might give you a harder time showing how you are from the Inside? Maybe because you are having this inner fight "He likes me only because of my body.. NO! I have to give him a fair chance! But I experienced this over and over its much likely that he's the same.. WHAT IF HE ISNT?" this argument that you have in your mind subconciously maybe gives him an altered version of who you are or worse.. no version of who you are, because you've gotten so defensive unknowingly that you dont Show more of your inner you. And all that remains is a hollow outter you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually pay attention to where his attention is. If you are talking is he still just looking at your tits its a bad sign. Even if you try to have a serious topic they are still just trying to interrupt you and bringing it back to sexual flirting, also a bad sign. If he avoids talking about family and friends. Bad sign.

But also make sure you sell yourself as more than a sex partner. Talk about your dreams and hobbies. Be supportive of their dreams. Be an active part of their life. Not just a night time snuggle buddy. Or night time sexting partner. Cuz as soon as he realises you are okay with the role of just being a fuck buddy... That is all you will be to him.