How can you tell if a guy likes you or just like your body?

I find it very hard when I date a new guy to know if they like me or they just like my body. I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with liking my body. It’s flattering, but if it’s the only thing he cares about... it makes me feel bad.. like there’s nothing more to me than a beautiful body?
You got my point..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well is there?
    How do you see yourself?
    Why do you see yourself this way?
    Do you think you're a good&fair person?
    Do you think you're loyal?
    Are you passionate about the things you like?

Do you think that THERE IS more to like on you than just your body?

Why do you think he's only into your body? Do you judge someone on causalic experiences you made before? But how does a human know that a causality Is actually a causality without being able to look into the future? Only because something happens 2401 times, doesn't mean that it'll happen 2402 times.

So are you the type that judges someone new based on past experiences that certainly aren't his fault or do you give everyone a clean table so everyone has the same chance?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry Im studying art and philosophy. This is simply my approach on things. 😅

• Good point.. I always give someone a clean slate.. but when you see the same pattern over and over.. it really gets to you.. I start to blame myself like there’s something wrong with me or if I’m doing or saying the wrong things.. sometimes I don’t even say anything and it still happen !!

• Dont you think that you're maybe overthinking to much? And that the fact that you are constantly dealing with thoughts like this, might give you a harder time showing how you are from the Inside? Maybe because you are having this inner fight "He likes me only because of my body.. NO! I have to give him a fair chance! But I experienced this over and over its much likely that he's the same.. WHAT IF HE ISNT?" this argument that you have in your mind subconciously maybe gives him an altered version of who you are or worse.. no version of who you are, because you've gotten so defensive unknowingly that you dont Show more of your inner you. And all that remains is a hollow outter you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually pay attention to where his attention is. If you are talking is he still just looking at your tits its a bad sign. Even if you try to have a serious topic they are still just trying to interrupt you and bringing it back to sexual flirting, also a bad sign. If he avoids talking about family and friends. Bad sign.

But also make sure you sell yourself as more than a sex partner. Talk about your dreams and hobbies. Be supportive of their dreams. Be an active part of their life. Not just a night time snuggle buddy. Or night time sexting partner. Cuz as soon as he realises you are okay with the role of just being a fuck buddy... That is all you will be to him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• How long before he asks you out? If he's asking you out immediately, he's likely interested only in your body. If he took the time to be your friend, get to know you, and be sure that he likes you before asking you out, he's likely interested in you.

So while it's a shitty strategy for guys to "Just be her friend", for a woman, the guy who made the effort to be your friend and learn more about you is the guy who's going to be your best bet.

If it's a coworker, see how he treats people. If he's only friendly with the attractive women, then that's all he cares about. If he's cool with people regardless of their appearance, I'd say it's a fair shot.

It's a bad idea asking for advice though. The majority of women I met seem to hone in directly on the guys who only want them for sex (Like the guy they just met at the bar and literally the only thing he knows about her is her appearance) and are shit judges of character. There will be a lot more guys who only want you for sex, so it's going to be a bit of a rough journey at times, best of luck to you though.

2|0
    0|0
  • If he asks you a lot of personal questions ( family, pets, hobbies, etc.) He's into more than your body if all he's asking is sexual or refering to your body or something that might lead to a sexual conversation he's just into your body unless he's doing it and also asking personal questions. Either way if he shows any interest in your personal life that's the key.

3|0
    0|0
  • Talk to him. Ignite meaningful conversations about your interests, backgrounds, passions, hopes and dreams. If he keeps drifting away from those topics to talk about your looks & physique, he's either all about your bod, or a terrible conversationalist. To reduce the possibility of error, you could just ask. Be honest, tell him you're not just looking for a fling and you don't want to be used (again). Let him rule himself out.
    I'm more about the direct approach myself. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • The only real way to know if he wants you, or just wants in your pants, is to take a lot of time between when you meet, and when you first have sex. If you have sex soon after meeting, there is no way to know.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can never know what someone is thinking. Stop worrying about that and focus on his behavior. That's the only thing that is real to you. If a guy behaves in a way that makes you feel happy to be with him, that has to be enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very easy this one tbh..
    Just dont give the guy any sexual contact, a kiss is fine.
    But dont go for more.
    If the guy is after your Body, then trust me he Will get frustrated that you won't sleep with him.

If he is interested in your person, the sex isn't the dealbreaker for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like me I look for a woman who is gorgeous don't get me wrong. Normal guy but abnormal I also want see her sexiness inside. How good of a soul she has. That gets so lost I today's world. Yes I wanna sexy woman but she can be the sexiest woman in the world on the outside but the ugliest bitch on the inside. Ya gotta look not just skin deep but into their eyes their heart and their soul.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he doesn't stick around, he only liked your body xD i know it's tough but you just can't know... i mean probably not even he knows exactly initially.

0|0
    0|0
  • At first it's difficult to know, but be sure that time will tell.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion the easiest way is to just see his actions is listening to you when you speak or is just staring at you like he wants to just jump your bones

0|0
    0|0
  • He never asks to hang out before 11 p. m. At worst, he just wants you for sex, and at best, he's trying to avoid taking you out on a real date
    He's superficial in almost every conceivable way.
    You get the feeling that he hates talking to you. Anytime you do anything that isn't sex/cuddling/fondling, etc. it's something passive like watching Netflix.
    Every time he compliments you, it's about something physical.
    All your dates are "hanging out at his place”
    Your relationship never progresses beyond casual.
    You've heard through the grapevine that he brags about your sex life, or that he's even shown his friends sexts you've sent him. If it's the second one, it's inexcusable. Break up with him.
    He leaves if it seems like you're not going to have sex, or doesn't bother showing up. He's never come over when you're sick, and he's basically stormed out when you said you "weren't in the mood."

2|0
    0|0
  • when i like a girl i get enbarrased when i talk to her. if i just like her body i dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • If the person is caring about your intelligence and social enigma.. he really like you...

0|0
    0|0
  • He'll always try to look at your body whenever he gets the chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to him about things you like, if he is interested he doesn't just like your body

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask yourself. What are you bringing to the table beyond your body?

0|0
    0|0
  • Your overthinking boys if he likes u he will like your body too

0|0
    0|0
  • Hallo

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • fron conversations

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• You are human being with your soul and body. They are attracted to you because of complete you.
    I understand you Do not want to be seen as sexual object. But there will be always sex part of it. Otherwise we are asexuals.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy likes you he will be respectful if he just likes your body he will always tell you how sexy your body is. Tho, sometimes you can't really tell what's on his mind because guys have many tricks

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't answer this clearly without knowing the details

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the nature of the conversation and how fast it turns sexual.
    Id watch his body language too and see where he's staring

0|0
    0|0
  • if he likes u he will ask about your feelings , what u want. Not only about himself

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to tell in the beginning since you're both still getting to know each other, but as you spend more time together you'll know by the way he treats you, does he genuinely care for you or is he impatient about things that don't benefit him etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Spends time with you on proper dates, is interested in your day etc.

Recommended myTakes