How do guys handle an argument with their girlfriend? What would you expect to happen?

How do guys handle an argument with their girlfriend? What would you expect to happen?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It greatly varies. But for me I mostly just give up arguing with her as I quickly realize there isn't a real reason why were fighting in which I just. Stop fighting and give her the hugs and kisses she wants. And we let things go. I mostly am the one to quit the argument as were both are stubborn and I know if we keep fighting.

We will go no where so its better to just compromise and make up. Plus I think at a certain part we are just going to start interrupting one another's comments by just kissing one another till the other shuts up. LOL.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• like someone i usedto know... they just leave... as in peace out...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• The point of an argument with anyone is to try to make the other person see your point of view. Usually it gets heated because one or both parties are to stubborn and inconsiderate to actually listen to what the other has to say.

With that in mind, I have never seen a reason to call the other party disrespectful and hurtful names and certainly never physically harm them.

Do I get frustrated? Of course. But I also see that as a learning opportunity. Maybe they have a point that I never considered. Maybe they are just uneducated on the topic of the argument, and if they can put their arrogance aside for a bit and try to see things from my perspective, they might see where they are wrong.

If they continue to argue and no resolution is in sight, I will often just stop arguing and let them figure it out in their own and they can ask me later if they need help understanding it.

So... To answer your question, I expect my partner to be respectful and stay focused on what the argument is about. As soon as they start off in a tangent about something else, I will stop the argument and either bring it back on topic, or just end it because there's no reason to bring up anything else, because that's when it starts to get personal.

I will hold my partner to everything she says in that argument. If she says she wants to breakup but only said it in the heat of the moment, I don't care, I will leave and that week be the end of it.

I always hold everyone accountable for their words and their actions. If they didn't mean something, though shit, they will learn eventually not to say things they don't mean, and I don't have time or patience for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect a healthy way to handle a disagreement to follow the general formula of, 1) what are you feeling, 2) what happened that you observed, which caused you to feel this way, and 3) what are some things we can do to help you feel more at peace with things, and prevent future hurt feelings.

I expect to really listen, rather than waiting to talk. Maybe we can't find a solution or compromise, but often just acknowledging the problem and showing understanding of it is enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the circumstances.
    If it was something petty then who cares, forget it and move on.
    If it’s something important then I’d want that recognised and dealt with possibly.
    If either party has behaved poorly during it then apologies are in order.
    The important part is empathy on both sides and both parties need to be heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't argue. It is futile. I walk away and will discuss the matter calmly when she cools off. If we disagree, then I calmly agree to disagree.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy himself, in the end he is a human and will act according to his personality. However, being a male might have an effect on how he "thinks" things should be, which is he should dominate and prove his manhood.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect us both to lay down our inconveniences and opinions on the argument, clarifying everything and coming to a conclusion that we both agree to, all of this being without hesitation, screams or whatnot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just expect she says her argument, and we get to a neutral point we both satisfied (it usually happens, if you do it right)

0|0
    0|0
  • I typically end up caving, which isn't healthy and breeds contempt the problem is that woman in general have no problem pulling out the crying emotional card.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to keep it along the lines of

0|2
    0|0
  • I would expect to work things out in mature adult matter.
    I would hope things would turn out good. I try not to argue
    when I'm in a relationship with a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what the argument is about, try to keep a logical head instead of letting my emotions get the better of me

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to be right and want the girlfriend to admit he was right and say sorry

1|2
    0|0
  • I try to make reason of it without losing my cool. That or I just wait until she calms down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't fight anymore. If we can't have an calm, open and honest discourse without escalating, it's not meant to be. Raising voices, aggressive posture and gestures, brow beating, name calling, and worse; all signs of lack of respect or outright domination, and likely an indicator of an absence of real love.
    There's an old myth that suggests couples who don't fight aren't really in love. That fighting is a reflection of passion, so not fighting means a lack thereof.
    Completely untrue. Healthy and happy couples find positive ways to share their passion.

0|1
    1|0
  • Personally if my girl and I argue to the point where I might say something I regret, I'll go for a walk to clear my head

0|1
    0|0
  • I say my peace and take some time to myself. I'm my own person so while I will consider her opinion, I do what I've got to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just get out of there arguing with a woman is pointless

0|0
    0|0
  • i usually look for girls that are capable of solving problems quickly

0|0
    0|0
  • A man never win on argument, better way to handle keep silent.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on ur guy and how intense the argument gon be

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my right hand are usually pretty chill

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t argue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just ignore mine : D

0|0
    0|0
  • I would want them to be rational for once in their lives. Also I'd like them not to expect us guess what's wrong with them and when asked about it, say the real reason instead of "nothing" or "you would know if you cared".

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes