Should I text her, call her, or wait?

I've been seeing a girl from my university that I met on tinder. We went out 3 times each about a week apart. The first 2 times I took her nice places and then we went to her dorm after to talk and cuddle. The third time was really cold so we just went to her dorm and watched a movie. Then Christmas break happened and when I asked her out again (via text) she said after break. I have a feeling it's because she doesn't want to tell her parents about me since I'm 21 and she's 18 but I haven't asked her.
Anyways the last time i saw her was the 10th. She called me a couple days after that just to talk but I had a paper due at midnight that night so we only talked for like 10 minutes. Ever since then she hasn't initiated a conversation with me and when I try texting her our conversations don't last long at all except one time when I asked her about her favorite date she's been on which led to talking about her ex and she ended up calling me to talk about her ex boyfriend who broke up with her like 4 months ago and she says she's over. She talked about the problem they had and I didn't really know how to respond so I pretty much sympathized with her and changed the subject and then we talked for 45 minutes or so about random stuff. That call was the 18th I tried texting her once since then but it didn't go anywhere and she stopped responding. I also said merry Christmas on Christmas and she said it back.

Before I met her in person we used to have text conversations but now they are always short and meaningless and always initiated by me. I was planning to wait to contact her again either until she contacts me or until break is over on the 8th but I think about her all the time.

Should I try texting her again? Or should I call her even though I don't really have anything to say other than i want to talk to her? Or would it be best to wait it out and hope she contacts me and if not I can call her after break and ask her out?

03