For the online daters/people who use dating apps: have you ever been dishonest about anything about yourself?

Im talking about lying about apperance (hight, weight, fitness level etc), using old pictures, or pics where you dont really look like yourself, lying about interest or stating you own certain things or have certain job or education etc.

I have never done that because I dont relly see the point of it

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Aside from using old pictures, I'm immaculate.

This picture profile has almost 10 years, for instance. I still look similarly right now. Except for the train in the background, lol.

But if somebody questions my looks before a date, I have no problem to instantly video chat with that person. It seems the right way to go for both of us along the lines of not wasting time.

I don't take 200 photos daily because:
    1. I have better things to do;
    2. I'd rather live it than record it;
    3. Keep the number of selfies low if you're a man. Really low.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I am a bigger girl I never felt that way at all. I just am proud of being myself, I don't care if guys don't like the way I look they don't have to message me if they don't.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Aside from the morality of telling the truth. . . anyone who agrees to meet me will discover my lie at the first meeting; that's not going to get me very far!

1|1
    0|0
  • Dating apps are like resumes, people will fluff them to sound more attractive. But once you meet the person irl you will spot the lies. And you don't have to continue seeing that person. But I would at least talk to them for. While before hoping in the sac. To avoid feeling decieved.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did, once, to see if girls didn't want me because of my pics or my description. So I took some photo of a hot guy on the net and put it on my profile.

I had more than 10 matches in half a day. While my description said that I was here for sex or whatever douche thing I could think of.
    So, yeah, girls on dating app doesn't care about who the guy is, as long as he's hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i haven't. You lie online, and you're gonna be scared to meet her irl. Just don't lie. If she doesn't like you for who you are, then maybe you shouldn't be with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... No
    Sometimes I think it kinda new in this stuff, so they see me more naturally

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a giant floating disembodied head. I do not have a talent game show broadcast across the galaxy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I only talked with girls I really wanted to date and there's no worse beginning than having to explain a lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, but it never seems to work out for me either lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I don't see the point in that at all. Then again, people do lots of things that baffle me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i like to think as myself as a honest guy about things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Never had luck in the two years I used it so i quit online dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Me nope. I'm always upfront that I want a sugar momma and want to be a househusband. 😁 No sarcasm.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no point if you want to actually meet these people

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't lied about any at all

0|0
    0|0
  • no I've never lied on a dating app

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't like wasting time

0|0
    0|0
  • Who lies on a dating app?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope and i never will

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope no point lying and my memory not the best

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No. And it's still disappointing when someone does lie about their appearance but you're still attracted to them when you meet bc the lie makes them unattractive and they seem insecure

0|0
    0|0
  • TONZ

0|0
    0|0
  • No I had never lied on a dating app

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It serves no purpose.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes