How would you feel/react if someone you were dating just straight up asks you one day if you have any STDs?

Would you feel offended?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Important questions when thinking of ditching the condom. Would not feel offended at all. I'd give them a thumbs up for being responsible.

2|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True, but I think I would’ve wanted to know before we slept together the first time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt I'd be offended... but I think it would be a little odd if it was an early on date type thing. Now if we were serious, and she was asking because we were thinking of marriage, then no. I'd probably turn right around and ask the same thing. In fact, because so many people lie about their past sexcapades, I'd probably want a blood test done (and offer one up for myself).

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• No. Why would I be offended? I'd probably ask them as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda because I'm a virgin and it's very important to me and if someone asks me that it's like they don't... "trust" me enough or even think a bit less of me...

0|2
    0|0
  • If he didn't ask me about my sexual health at all, that would put me off more. I take care of myself, so I'd like a man who does too, and part of that is ensuring people you're having sex with are clean.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be confused about why they would even think to ask me that. I would probably just say no and change the subject.

0|1
    0|0
    • why confused?

• Show All
    • well if it was getting serious and sex might actually happen soon you gotta be safe about it right?

• So I just realized when reading your question my brain skipped over “dating” so I was answering according to if a random person were asking. Oops.

Let me try again lol

I wouldn’t mind considering it’s important to know if I were to take that step with that person.

• That's an important question, the answers to which should be volunteered before getting physical. Since that's something that I would have already discussed, first I'd be offended because I'd feel like they were accusing me of giving them one, then I'd be suspicious wondering if they're cheating.

0|1
    0|1
  • Depends on how long we’ve been dating. If In the beginning, I wouldn’t care. If we’re a year or 2 down the road... I’d ask why is this just now coming it. It would be kind of awk

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't. That's okay. It's okay to be concerned about your own health and you have every right to ask them such question. I'll probably ask him the same question.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not feel offended as sometimes i would be asking same question to someone and he/she is just concerned about health

0|2
    0|0
  • That’s a pretty normal question to ask when you just start having sex with someone new.

0|3
    0|0
  • That would be a question of mines too so I'd suggest we both get tested for proof of our health.

0|3
    0|0
  • No. Because it’s a valid question, and they’re trying to protect themselves. You can ask back if you want.

0|2
    0|0
  • No? Because that's a pertinent question to ask? I'd be wondering the same thing?

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't feel offended tbh. I'd say we both have to get tested and play it like that

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. I think you shouldn't be having sex if you can't have such a conversation

0|1
    0|0
  • Id say nope

0|2
    0|0
  • No, it's normal to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because that's a question I would ask as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't feel offended

0|1
    0|0
  • Get snarky.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• I'd think a couple of things:

1. "Nice, she takes a this seriously."
    2. "Yeahhhhhhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I'm about to get me some!"

0|4
    0|0
  • I wouldn't really care to be honestly , as long as it was being asked cause they were concerned about there health , not being asked cause they were implying I had something

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd probably be the one to ask first.

I completely understand someone wanted to check me for an STD, even if I'm a virgin.

Because no matter what I say and claim but facts Always overrule all

0|2
    0|0
  • nah. it shows they are looking out for both of us. the answer is no anyway, and i would expect her to be happy to be asked too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope , that's a good thing, she's thinking about taking things to the next level.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd answer "No" without being offended. It's a legit question

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be happy they asked and be upfront about my health.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, they are voicing their concern for their own well being and you should do the same

0|2
    0|0
  • Tell them they check that shit out at the start of methadone treatment.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd understand as to why they would ask that, I wouldn't be offended

0|1
    0|0
  • Fine. That'd mean they wanted to kick it up a notch. Very responsible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd bloody straight up shoot them and dispose of the body. No one asks me if I have STDs

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah not really. I'd adult through it.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I would think they were smart and responsible.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, why aren't you asking people?

0|2
    0|0
  • Not unless we had been dating yeare

0|1
    0|0
  • nothing, offer to take a test for them

0|1
    0|0
  • No. That is a fair question