When to say I love you?

I read an article today from a psychiatrist saying that they believed the earliest you should ever say I love you is six months into a relationship. When is the earliest you have ever said I love you to someone? And if it was before six months, in the future did it turn out to be true, or you later think you were just caught up in being infatuated with someone new?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• It's interesting. Given that love itself is so hard to define, I feel like trying to make it time bound doesn't really do it justice. I've definitely said it before six months, but I don't recall ever consciously thinking about how long it had been at the time. You'll never know if it truly is love or not, so say it when you've run out of other words to explain how you strongly you feel for someone/something 😊 if you get too caught up on the words themselves it will drive you crazy

• I like that. Thank you. Women just analyze everything and articles like that are so destructive lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I say it very easily, I know I can say it even before the relationship, to me it is not a big deal.

• It's a powerful thing to a lot of people, so I would be careful how you use it. In general society it signifies strong emotional affection and even suggests certain relationship expectations.