Continue or stop the long-distance relationship?

Kinerd
We’ve had dated for 4 months until I went to another country to pursue my study. He did not know that when we started dating, because I only told him when I surely got my visa. Now it has been 3 months since I left my country. We’ve been texting and video-calling for 3 months. He tried everything to keep the conversation going, from what he cooks today, to sending me his photos of his business trips. But I feel exhausted from answering all questions, and I don’t want to try to be happy whenever I chat with him. There is a mis-match between our emotions when we live apart. Then one day I asked him if he really took our ‘connection’ as a ‘real relationship’, he said no. I was totally upset. I know, I seem to be the one who lose interest first, but he made me feel stupid and seem like I have wasted my time and effort on this relationship. He said he needed time to think about it. We haven’t talked for 2 weeks, and now I feel really bad. I really miss him and miss our time together.
He was the best person that ever opened himself to me. I even think I will never meet anyone better than him. And now our relationship get stuck. As our condition, we can only meet like once a year when I travel back in my summer break. It takes 2 years for me to finish my study. I don’t know if we could overcome all that time and distance. Should we really stop here or not? And if not, how can we do that? I’ll really appreaciate all your advice. Thank you.
3
0