Are there any really good techniques for getting over shyness?

I am painfully shy and have anxiety which usually comes with being shy. It's taking a toll on my love life because I just can't be myself around anyone I don't know too well. It's annoying me so much because I know how I am normally with friends who I've known for years that I'm comfortable with. I usually have a bubbly personality and I'm very witty but when I'm with my crush I completely shut down and go into my shell. He must think I'm the most boring person on earth! Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Tia

13

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no magic bullet to stop being so shy. It takes time and effort, and a willingness to stretch our of you comfort zone. The essential to getting less shy, is to not allow yourself to become isolated, and not to allow yourself to stay comfortably where you are comfortable. Remember, this will take time. Get active. Volunteer, join sports teams, get a job, anything where other people are at. Once involved, recognize that you are shy and deliberately do what is uncomfortable. Speak up, walk up to new people and introduce yourself. Act less shy, and in time, you will be less shy. Seek out opportunities to be more involved with people, even in little ways. if the boss asks for two people to do something, volunteer, and then you will be working together with a single person not in a group. where you can get to know him/her a little better. Keep doing this kind of thing. When a customer walks up for help, be the one who steps forward and interacts with the him. Keep doing this kind of thing, and it, with time, get easier to work with people and to make friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the best thing to do is fight it. If you have something the say to someone you like, or even a lot of people, instead of pushing it in the back of your head, force yourself to speak. You are in control of your body and mind and if it doesn't want to do something, force. It'll be hard at first, but you'll soon get used to it.