What should I do if my boyfriend is really clingy?

I love having his attention all the time, and I love him texting me every day, and I love being with him all day at school... I just feel that sometimes he does it all too much.

He loves me, and he wants to be with me and talk to me all the time.. I get that. But sometimes I do want a bit of space.

How can I bring up this issue without hurting his feelings?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him, "Sometimes, I think you are super-attentive and devoted because you think I need that but I'm concerned that maybe you don't have enough confidence in my feelings for you. Do you question my feelings for you or is this about something else?"

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Communication is key! You this is an issue it is important to bring it up sooner rather than later.

While perhaps this is just a honeymoon phase, you two should discuss expectations and boundaries and stuff.

Perhaps explain that you might ask for some alone time for a few hours and he has to respect that :)

I wish you two the best and hope you can work it out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him that there are not enough good women to go around in the world and too many good men and you will not be so selfish as to minute your love to just one man when you have enough for three or four. If he sticks around then he's probably worth keeping because he loves you unconditionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that you need to each have time to yourselves. It's not healthy being that dependent on someone. If he can't go a day or two without freaking out then he probably needs to seek therapy.

0|1
    0|0
  • tell him that you like all the time that you share together but remind him that you are still an individual and need some time independent of him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let him know that occasionally you need me time

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the truth to him as gently as possible.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes