She wants me to stop gaming?

I've known this girl for about 1 year and she's stunning but she won't go out with me yet says I'm cute. I finally got her to tell me why and she said the amount of time I spend gaming is unattractive but I play for a team professionally and I make all my money that way. How do I convince her to look past it. She also doesn't know I use it to make money - I find it embarrassing to tell people.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are still able to see her often and your gaming doesn't get in the way of spending time with her, then she is in the wrong. Everyone can have their own hobby and passion. She shouldn't expect you to change your ways and hobby for her. I do gaming and I will be put off if my boyfriend said I am not allowed to game. Id probz say they should fuck off 😀

0|0
    0|0
    • I think the problem is I spend almost 8 hours a day practicing and 4 doing scrims.

• But that is your work right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't convince her of anything. Tell her if that's how she feels then you're not interested in dating her because you're not going to change who you are for her or anyone else. Don't be a wimp or she'll never respect you. You'll just become her doormat. There are millions of pretty girls out there.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• If I were you, I'd rather find someone who understands your hobby. Her reason for not giving you a chance seems super shortsighted. You don't need to change your interests just because she doesn't understand it.

@witherwing has a boyfriend that reminds me of you. He plays for a team and has pretty strict times for when he has to practice. I don't think she has anything against that. But then again she likes gaming, too.

2|0
    0|0
  • What @splashofyellow said. My boyfriend is aiming for a professional gaming career and has strict hours of practice with his team. He plays a lot, because he is aiming high. But the difference is, I get it, and the girl you are interested in, doesn't. That's not going to work in the long run, if she doesn't recognize gaming as a potential career path. And because she already said she finds it unattractive, mist likely she will never get it. I'd try to start moving on. That's not going to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely don't change yourself for someone else. If u like gaming find a girl who wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Try telling that girl to stop shopping and she will freaking block u

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not embarassing to tell her! Do so and if she doesn't understand, well, I'm sorry but it apparently isn't going to work...

0|0
    0|0
  • She wouldn't tell you to stop gaming if you prefer games than her

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy done. Tell her you make money off it. If its a career its different.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she needs you to change before she'll be with you, tell her to fuck off dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gaming is your hobby, you love doing it. She should respect that. Her asking you to stop is so not done, she is basically asking you to give up your passion. You can suggest to meet her somewhere in the middle. By example have a date night every week, watch a movie after your game,...

My boyfriend is a gamer. He games a lot and I'm fine with it. Whenever he's gaming I find other stuff to do, like Netflix, work for school, play the sims, whatever. But he gives me enough attention between and after his games. That's what matters to me. It's his passion, and I like it because he's good at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if you really like her and want you both to be a thing. I think you should go ahead and tell her

0|0
    0|0
  • lol y go out with someone trying to change u?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 9

• No. Just no. Your life, your career choices, and if you are unlucky, your mistakes. She cannot take that from you. She can and should give advice but in the end it's your life.

If she doesn't want to be part of it... There is the door.

0|0
    0|0
  • First off you should never change yourself for another, so good on you for that.
    It’s clear you really like her but also value your self worth.
    At the same time though, by trying to get her to look past it, is that not trying to change her?
    She has her views and beliefs so maybe Your not compatible.

If she likes you enough then it shouldn’t matter.

Secondly, maybe she isn’t as keen as you and this is a good excuse for her as she values your friendship and/or doesn’t want to hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol if she has conditions before you even start dating imagine what she'll be like when you're together.
    Just tell her you play professionally and that you're not gonna stop playing just because she wants you to.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you tell her you make money that way and she still refuses to go out with you then she's really not for you man not matter how beautiful she is.
    I think it's dope that you make money doing that

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a job, assuming you get enough money! Don't change because then it's not you she's attracted to. Put your foot down. She either cave in or she's not for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • But if you dont tell her that this is your job, she thinks you're simply some basement loser that plays Games all day. So you have no Choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never change yourself for a female unless 1. It’s your mother or 2. It’ll make you a better version of yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • You should totally do it... Also recommend that cut your left ball and send it to her as a sign of good will.. She will love you soooo much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friend her. You will save yourself a headache.
    Chances are once you are over her she will come calling anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes