Does it matter to you that your boyfriend is shorter than you?

He was there at the right time so we basically got together without considering anything else. But 2 years gone and I still feel a bit... umm, upset for the fact that he's noticeably shorter than myself. I feel bad that I care so much about how others perceive us when he's a loving and sweet boyfriend...
  • Height doesn't matter in love
    Vote A
  • The guy should be taller than the girl
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't matter, if you're not attracted to him, you're not attracted to him. Doesn't make you a bad person, or shallow, but it won't work out if you can't see yourself with him. It just won't.

I'm a short guy myself, and I know that no one will ever be able to love me. I wouldn't be mad if that was the reason. Well, I might be mad at myself, but not the other person. I don't think he'll hate you for it. He'll have to understand.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey... I think people are attractive in different ways. And girls are attracted to different kinds of men. Honestly girls' taste in men is much more versatile than boy's in girls, e. g. Almost all men like slim girls.
      I think you should look for your love and you do deserve a girl who treats you well for who you are. There are many qualities in a person other than the appearance. Good luck :)

• All I'm saying is, you can't force yourself to be attracted to something you're not attracted to.

And some people are attractive in no ways lol. Some people are boring, worthless and shitty. And some people are short, and that makes it pretty damn hard for them to not be fucking ugly. A lot of women claim there are OTHER women who are okay with all this shit, and I'm going to make some one OUT THERE really happy, but you can understand why I find these claims dubious.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend wishes he was a bit taller.. he's about four inches shorter than me. I don't mind the different at all! He likes that I'm tall.. he finds it adorable. I think his height is just fine as it is. He's not extremely short or anything.. besides, I think it's kinda cute that he's a bit shorter than me. But honestly, height isn't really anything that people can control.. so I don't really hold any sort of opinion towards it. Sure, I suppose that I'd like if my partner was taller than me.. but does it matter? No lol. He's still the same person regardless of height. So if anything, height along with any physical features is just a bonus in my eyes if it's along my liking or preference.
    Hope this helps! :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Pretty sure this is cultural. That doesn't mean there's anything necessarily wrong with it, just that it's a learned belief / behavior.

On a related note, I've noticed there are a disproportionate number of tall women and short men on dating sites. I suspect both have a harder time.

2|0
    0|0
  • Real women don't see height and number. They see heart.

Most women only pick taller men because it's an available option to her. If all men were shorter than all women, do you think 50% of women wouldn't date? No. They just pick the best available options.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sooo... women DO see height, they just compare it with other heights? lol That still kind of screws over short guys.

• No it doesn't. It screws over women's thinking. All women in 2018 can only like men who is shorter than her and it'll screw over all taller men. It's the woman's fault that shorter men ain't picked. If women changed their thoughts and only picked shorter men, taller men would be screwed over. Shorter men are not screwed over because they're short. They're screwed over because women currently don't pick them.

I'm 5'4" 134 lbs. Women seem to like 2 things about me that a 6 foot man can't give them.

• My wife was 4 inches taller than me.. If his height is overwhelming his actual good qualities, then do him a favor and let him find a woman that doesn't give a shit about his height and truly values his real qualities.

That which bothers you about him, is really about your own insecurities

1|0
    0|0
  • Most women won't date a guy shorter - it goes against their biological drivers to find a strong suitable mate that can protect and defend.
    It hearkens back to the cave-man days, where he slayed dragons and saber tooth tiger, and marauding tribesmen, to protect her and her offspring.
    Mother nature is a cruel bitch. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not saying it's good to think this way, but at some level taller women (taller than me) strike me as more capable, stronger and less fragile, and thus more attractive, than shorter women. I know in actual life though that height doesn't have really anything to do with ability and I know some short women who are amazing highly capable individuals.

0|0
    0|0
  • isn't there a "i dont give a hohof@ck" option why, and by the way did u guys notice, i said" hoho" like santa, the son of a b! ich that didn't gave me the legos that i wanted, by the way happy Christmas guys!

2|0
    0|0
  • Where is the option that the woman should be taller than the man?

Real women don't see numbers and real women see heart, not height.

0|0
    0|0
  • Height matter only when it is extreme dofference. As I said before, as 178cm tall guy, I am okay with any girl that is 155cm to 190cm...

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes no difference to me, tbh.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol @ women who choose A. They know they're lying

0|3
    2|0
    • They might not know, but they're definitely lying, at least to themselves lol.

• My SO is an inch shorter than me and is sexy af. Besides, what reason would they have to lie? They can't be identified in the poll. So they can be honest without anyone judging them. Are they trying to hide the truth from themselves. Lol! Makes no sense.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Yes but I’m also 5’2 so if he’s shorter than me, that really sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think in a relationship, especially long term, two people should be together based off of true emotional and personal compatibility, not looks, because that leads to a toxic relationship. Therefore, height doesn't really matter to me. But if you were talking about physical attraction, then I would prefer the guy to be taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A short guy is like a fat woman to many. To me it would depend on how well he was built. If he were short and fat or short and skinny no way. Short and fat men look like beach balls. With a short and skinny guy I would be afraid I would break him. I'm 5'7" 165. Short and muscular is good.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey don't talk about fat women like that! I've heard this metaphor before, and I don't buy it.

There are whole communities on the internet dedicated to worshipping fat women. A lot of men like BBW's and there are plus-sized models. Literally entire cultures and for most of the history of human civilization fat women were the preference. And if a fat woman was dedicated enough, she could become a skinny woman (well most can anyways).

Short men are just always disgusting. There aren't any internet communities like "meet short men here!", because absolutely no one gives a fuck about us lol. No short man can "gain inches" the same way a fat woman could lose weight, so short men like me will always be unloveable. No culture in history appreciated short men. We just suck and need to die alone, far away from other people lol.

• Show All
    • Hit the iron if you think its hindering you. You can't grow vertically but you can get jacked.

• I've been lifting since I was 11 years old. I can bench over twice my body weight. Pound-for-pound I'm easily the strongest guy I know. Doesn't help. My theory is as far as anyone else is concerned, it's only because I have Little Man Syndrome so OF COURSE I'm jacked lol. And people still make fun of me for being weak, because due to my stature I just look weak.

• I'm 5'9" tall and like to wear heels.

While I did end up married to a guy who is taller than me, if I restricted myself to guys who were taller than me, things would have been mighty quiet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women are missing out by discounting short guys. I love my sexy, loving short man. And don't let his size fool you. He is strong and can protect me if he needed too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally need someone taller. It makes me feel safer, more like a woman. A personal issue of mine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Absolutely. He seldom put his arm around me because he's shorter. But I really fancy that from a boyfriend

• Everyone in my family is tall and im taller then the majority of people i date

0|2
    0|0
  • Ha. Lol. Not until i wear heals cause he will just look ridiculously shorter.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do not be stupid a lot of girls fancy small men more than tall , even a lot of tall and very tall girls

• No i mean i like an average guy. Not too short or too tall. Someone that matches with my height.

• Uh I wish to say it doesn't but I don't want to lie. I lied in the past but I decided to be honest for New Year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Height doesn't matter in love, however, I prefer a guy taller than me since I'm only 5ft anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes