When an ex won’t give up and keeps coming back, what to do?

Anonymous
I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 months FOUR times already, yet he always comes back and won’t give up. Every time I take him back I feel things would be better this time, but it only does for a short amount of time and then it goes back to the back to the bad moments again and to the reasons why I had to break it off.

We are both from very different cultures and there are clashes that cannot be solved. He says there’s too much at stake to lose and he just keeps coming back especially this time round after I called it off. We broke off for many reasons from culture clashes, me being put off by his controlling side.

I feel like I’m done because of all the drama and tears that he has given me, but he says how no relationship is perfect and we can get through it.

He won’t give up. Why does he keep coming back? What should I do on the FIFTH time? Should I just be completely clear with him now?
3
2