When an ex won’t give up and keeps coming back, what to do?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 months FOUR times already, yet he always comes back and won’t give up. Every time I take him back I feel things would be better this time, but it only does for a short amount of time and then it goes back to the back to the bad moments again and to the reasons why I had to break it off.

We are both from very different cultures and there are clashes that cannot be solved. He says there’s too much at stake to lose and he just keeps coming back especially this time round after I called it off. We broke off for many reasons from culture clashes, me being put off by his controlling side.

I feel like I’m done because of all the drama and tears that he has given me, but he says how no relationship is perfect and we can get through it.

He won’t give up. Why does he keep coming back? What should I do on the FIFTH time? Should I just be completely clear with him now?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• First, hope he is not a sociopath.
    Then, show him you are fine without him. find another boyfriend or something. Do not ask him to go away, show him all the benefits of being single.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Why shouldn’t I tell him to go away? That would be leading him on thinking he has a chance? Or is it to show his sincerity? Honestly I’m good without him and trying to get my life back on track again.

• I mean verbally.
      Tell him you are ok using your actions and all the evidence. Let him figure it out by himself.
      Every time you verbalize it, he might think it is a game or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be upfront. Be assertive with him. State what you've stated here , that your it's not working. And that you're ending it for good. It's reasonable to say.

Set boundaries, and take control of your life by refusing to allow him back. If you need to, cut all means of contact with him.. You're letting him cling onto false hope by keep taking him back. He'll think he can come and go as he pleases. People can only control you if you allow them to.

It'll not work a fifth time , because he knows he doesn't need to change in order for you to take him back.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE